Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-19-2000, 09:46 PM   #1
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Currently we're in the Boogre Caves. I've saved my game prior to the point where I have to go through all the weird rooms to get to Pris and then on to the Hag and I wondered....

did any player remain boogred for the rest of the game (by choice or by failing to find Aku)??

Wyv
Old 11-19-2000, 11:39 PM   #2
xenotoca

No BUT. This is a strange place. The first time I went in there was a bearkeeper in the bar who would sell me booger brew for five shiny things. Took wrong path stright through the maze and got toasted by Lily the Rangers relatives (Jungle Lily). On reload went back to bar to get more brew no one there and lots of spiderwebs as though it had been abandoned. Only ever found two casks which was a shame as giving the idol at the end of the training course a brew gives you a new trait. Spent ages looking for more no go. Even revisited still full of Boogeres (did I waste my time trying to help them) but alas no more brew.

Ah well on to dragonspire now if only I can figure out how to cross that fast flowing river.

Old 11-19-2000, 11:44 PM   #3
xenotoca

Just remembered on a secondaty note on the return Prisk was in mourning and had dropped grunaxe`s ring. I ment to give it to his son torin but accidently swung my sword, well out of range, now he womt talk to me. Did anyone else give him back the ring as the samauri quest talks about the dragon being innocent.

Old 11-20-2000, 12:33 AM   #4
xenotoca

Scronan, as I only had two barrels I only got two traits my warrior got giantstrike every now (25%) and then during a click fest,opps sorry Frued, I mean battle she hits with giant strike for double whammy. The other got iornmight which according to the manual give 10% extra damage from any hand weapon. I think the traits are the same as you get finally offered in the guilds but without the cost and training. The Weapon I asked for from the genie (old two heads is carrying it when you leave by the back door to the caves) is pretty good too. The sword of Argus.

Old 11-20-2000, 01:13 AM   #5
dcch

I haven't gone back to boogretown yet.. but, remember reading in a previous post that someone had tried to give the ring to Torin and he wasn't interested... I just spent a half hour trying to tell him that the dragon didn't kill his dad... and of course, he just tells me that I'm full of nonsense~ too bad... hope that the ring will do the trick.. and plan to give it a try when I get it back.

As for STAYING a boogre.. I couldn't put up with that for the entire game.. besides I like the looks of my Samurai and Ninja.. can't picture them being a boogre~

dh

Old 11-20-2000, 08:02 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

You don't have to give the ring back to Torin although the story in the game might have been better if you could and he could respond to it! I also would have liked to have been able to really save those other boogred folks but you know they are never going to be smart enough to wander on down and touch Aku. (bless you)

Wyv

(on a fashion note - one of my boogred party is wearing a breathing mask for a helmet - looks quite fetching)
Old 11-20-2000, 11:58 AM   #7
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

hey xeno

what is this trait the boogre brew gives you? Also, you can get the brew from the wandering boogre, some will trade, or steal it from them.

scronan
Old 11-20-2000, 04:03 PM   #8
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

What you get from the idol by using the brew varies. Some of my characters got an increase in fortitude. One got Giant Strike and another got Beserk (which I felt was rather redundant for me! )
You only get one per character.

Wyv
Old 11-20-2000, 04:12 PM   #9
RavenW

Same for me, Giantstrike, Giantstrike, Bezerk, Fortitude, Fort., Fort., on my Warrior/Paladin, Warrior/Samurai, Priest/Paladin, Warlock, Warlock, Bard/Rogue

Old 11-20-2000, 09:01 PM   #10
thorlord

hey hey hey.........ok so your saying you can get a trait from boogre brew? ...i drunk alot of it and it didnt do nothing for none of my people...am i missing something?