Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2004, 08:46 PM   #1
Jorath Calar
Harper

I just had an idea for a sci fi story, unfortunatly I'm a terrible writer but I wonder if this would make a interesting story.
It's a kind of a mixture of Jurasic park and Planet of the Apes.

Here is a kind of imperfect synopsis

In 200 years life on earth is viped out when earth is struck by gigantic comet. But life always finds a way and evolution starts again, slowly but surely. 65 million years later a superior specie finds fossils of unknown civilisation and through dna technology recreates homo sapiens. The first "samples" are horribly mutated and hardly sentinent, but by improving the technology they manage to make a almost prefect copy of a human being.
They are looked upon as nothing more than beasts by the master race and are used as slaves.
What would it feel like to be such a human and sudddenly gain knowledge of what you are and were you are from.

Like I said, it's very imperfect, it's still just forming in my head, I'm not evensure what the plot would be, just liked this setting a lot... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2004, 09:06 PM   #2
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Not a bad idea, but if we were to be wiped out by comet, I would like to think that some of our "monuments" like tall buildings and roads would have survived, even they could have been buried under tons of dirt after 65 million years.

Which means that any archeological dig would have uncover our achievements before discovering our fossil bones. Just my 2 cents.

[added]
Just remembered something, the plot sounds a bit like what happened to the humans in the "Planet of The Apes".

[ 07-04-2004, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: Paladin2000 ]
Old 07-04-2004, 09:40 PM   #3
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I would have to agree that the comet wiping out the entire human existence is a bit unbelievable, perhaps something bigger, even if it be some kind of comet rain or something LOL.

It's a unique idea in the dna creating-a-human aspect is concerned, but humans used as slaves to aliens is something done many times in books. I've only seen your synopsis so hard for me to know where you are going in more detail, and to completely comment. Sounds to me though like you have a good creative imagination. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-04-2004, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 07-04-2004, 09:59 PM   #4
Jorath Calar
Harper

Well, yes, I was a little sceptical by just a comet too... series of huge comets would be more likely even a huge asteroid that would simply annihilate half the planet... earth would be crescent shaped... (okey Jorath calm down... [img]smile.gif[/img] ).
And the slave thing is kind of a cheap conclusion I came to... cheap manufactured labor and all that... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2004, 10:25 PM   #5
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

How about humans being assimulated into alien society, sort of as equals among them so that none of them know their true origins but then there's that one person that goes back to earth to rediscover it.
Old 07-04-2004, 10:50 PM   #6
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I still though like the humans created by dna idea. Just a bit of imagination could be the key, many avenues you could follow. I mean the humans created don't have to be used as slaves. For instance, the dna tries all have random outcomes, and all associated with things human, which may baffle an alien, like emotions. So the aliens are learning from them, learning things they never would have imagined, cause, like, you know, they are aliens LOL. Dunno, again quite a lot of avenues to try with that idea as a writer I'd say. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 07-04-2004, 11:10 PM   #7
Ehrys
Manshoon

Lots of ideas floating around here... you've got a lot of competition and sources of ideas if you read a lot of Sci-Fi. Not sure but the last one sounds like an L Ron Hubbard type of storyline?

Try mixing it with a Cyberpunk theme... that might be interesting....
Old 07-05-2004, 12:08 AM   #8
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

It sounds alright, a very unique idea.
I think it would be good as a novel idea [img]smile.gif[/img]
Maybe you should start to write some of it, and then if you want post a bit of it on IW and if there is any problems people around will tell you of it. Or you could write a basic copy, and get an author to write it in a detailed way.
What do you think of that?
Anyways, you're idea is really good, and if you write the novel right, then I think many people would like what you have put together [img]smile.gif[/img]
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."