Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2002, 04:41 PM   #21
Dramnek_Ulk

When I was playing IL-2 Sturmovik once,
a wire was getting too near the CPU fan, so I reached in the get it out of the way, (because I run with the case off)
And then I caught my little finger on the fan,
It took off a flap of skin on the end, and spattered blood all over the inside of m computer.
I was so annoyed that I shouted and swore, so maybe that does count as getting emotionally involved since I was play IL-2 at the time.

Old 07-17-2002, 07:17 PM   #22
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I got quite caught up in the Gabriel Knight series. Some very deep character interaction in those games. Has anyone played the third installment? The ending had me severly frustrated as the whole way through the game you are hoping for Gabriel and Grace to 'get together' and once Gabriel finally realizes and accepts how he feels about Grace and is ready to treat her right he finds that she has left due to the poor way that he has treated her in the past.
So yes, I can get emotionally involved in a game. But no, I don't consider myself a weenie or a pansy [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2002, 07:47 PM   #23
jabidas
Silver Dragon

System Shock 2, absolute fear.

To a certain extent is easy to get adrenaline up playing, especially quake 3. Boom boom. Does that count?

Anyway other emotionaly involving games, Planescape Torment, Final Fantasy 7, Deus Ex.

Does Grim Fandango count as a funny funny game?
Old 07-17-2002, 07:53 PM   #24
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Grim Fandango counts as an ultimatively funny game [img]tongue.gif[/img] And I agree with you about FF7. Though most of my involvement was screaming at Cloud and Tifa to just bloody DO something about it....
Old 07-17-2002, 09:53 PM   #25
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

In bgII-tob, I cried for about 30 minutes after Viconia's final lovetalk. And, am still mad at whoever at Bioware wrote that dumb ending.
Old 07-18-2002, 12:15 AM   #26
whacky
Emerald Dragon

And boy o boy does Unreal Tournament gives you the rush or what. Its sooo fast, so "realistic" and so involving. Thats the only FPS i like. Anyone here likes to play Unreal?

P.S. Im not allowed to play games with high violence ratings. I dont like them either. But unreal is something special.
Old 07-18-2002, 01:47 AM   #27
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Oh.. emotionally involved.. American games have nothing on the Japanese ones when it comes to emotional involvement. I dont understand how people can get emotionally involved in something like BG2, but hey whatever floats your boat. The only American-produced game I've really gotten emotional about is PS:T. And thats a credit to its awesome story and great characters because its hard to feel close to a bunch of tiny sprites.

Japanese games, now thats another story [img]smile.gif[/img]
Each and every Final Fantasy game since 7 has managed to touch me in some way, with music, visuals, scenes, and in the latest installment (10), voices and glorious character animation as well. In fact FFX now takes my prize for favourite game because of the way it got me seriously attached to the characters. The ending almost made me shed a tear, as did many other moments in the story.

Good thread!
Old 07-18-2002, 01:53 AM   #28
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Yeah Deus Ex and Unreal are pretty good FPS games, never played FF7. Dues
Ex is just tooooo difficult esp. as a fighter, the stealth player and hacker skills come in handy though.
Old 07-18-2002, 02:26 AM   #29
Orion

I think that's really what D&D games are all about especially the pen and paper version. I think the more imagination that you have the better the game is. I used to dream about the BG characters my first time though the series. I in general just try to wrap myself into the role of my chosen character as much as possible always thinking what would I say or what would I do in any given game situation. It's kind of like reading a book but where you help decide the outcome. Great graphics are definately a plus but really it doesn't matter to me the storyline and more freedom you get to choose your own path is why I like RPGs.

Old 07-18-2002, 03:13 AM   #30
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Quote:
Originally posted by whacky:
And boy o boy does Unreal Tournament gives you the rush or what. Its sooo fast, so "realistic" and so involving. Thats the only FPS i like. Anyone here likes to play Unreal?

P.S. Im not allowed to play games with high violence ratings. I dont like them either. But unreal is something special.
UT is da shit [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Haven't played it for ages but I found it was more involving than the usual third person shooter [img]smile.gif[/img]

As for emotional involvement, Gran Turismo on PS with my mates was always tense One of my buds wouldn't talk to me for a couple of days after my run of the mill Lancer kicked his cranked up rex [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Resident Evil 2 and to a lesser extent 1 were both games that I would play in the dark late at nite just so I could spook myself shitless. Even if you knew the zombies were gonna fall from the roof right in front of you, you'd still leap in the air and watch your character get killed while you hunt for the controller that you threw god knows where