Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2001, 04:56 AM   #21
Epona
Zartan

I don't tend to join in the role playing that goes on here, but this sounds like a good idea

Just as long as everyone remembers that it is for fun and a game. I would not like anyone to get upset because of what happened in a storyline in an RP board and I would be worried that this may cause rifts (as has happened in RP threads here in GD, seems these generate the only arguments around here), especially if there were 2 adventuring groups going head to head in character....

But hey, don't mean to piss on your parade or anything, just that rules and common sense are necessary for this sort of thing. I'm all for it if people can agree not to take anything personally or too seriously.... If so, it will be great fun!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 05-14-2001, 04:19 PM   #22
Elhardo
The Magister

Ok ill email one of the modorators now I don't know how popular it will be, but I think you will probably get out what you put into it
Old 05-14-2001, 04:24 PM   #23
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I think it sounds like fun. I still have to save cloudy from my last adventure, and I'm not sure how to do it (writer's block) It will come though. The Story Forum sounds like a great idea.

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Consort to a Queen
Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
Heart, Mind, and Soul
Offical Wizard and Warrior Questioner
What is this, the Spanish Inquisition?
Ironworks Answer Man
Old 05-14-2001, 04:28 PM   #24
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

An room for a Fallen Paladin, Ex Capalocaholic Lord of Evil in these proceedings?

Put me down!

------------------

Dont be afraid of the Darkness....Be Afraid Of What It Hides. ---Jerome
Old 05-14-2001, 04:56 PM   #25
demus
Manshoon

Hi all, I think an RPGing forum is a great idea!
I can't write stories or anything even slightly decent, but I like reading stories that others have made eg.Chain stories and stuff, so I think there definitely should be a RPG ing forum, so Ill sign the Petition right away

------------------
Nicodemus Deathslayer, Paladin of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 05-14-2001, 05:59 PM   #26
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Knight:
I think it sounds like fun. I still have to save cloudy from my last adventure, and I'm not sure how to do it (writer's block) It will come though. The Story Forum sounds like a great idea.

BK
GASP!!! SAVE ME!!!! LOL...it's lonely in that itty bitty room talking to a cat! LOL

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 05-14-2001, 10:14 PM   #27
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

I am so totally in on this...Anyone need a good bard?

------------------
-Bard Extraordinaire of the OHF
Man of Sweet Words and Heart Aflame
Keeper of the Heart of Charean
Champion Songster of Fast Fourward
Old 05-15-2001, 03:25 PM   #28
Melusine
Dracolisk

I think it is a good idea. Like Cloudy says, we have been doing that kind of thing for a long time, only spread out over the forum. By reading your posts I don't know if you are aware that there is a difference between chainstories and roleplaying, but we have been doing both here, and could do both in the new board.
I agree there should be rules; Reeka, you said the BG2 bar is mostly about killing: yes, that's the reason why I stopped posting there... one of the people there kept rambling about killing everybody and esp. my character So a rule that prohibits killing of other characters and also of trying to prevent the collective plotlines from being made sadly seems to be necessary. If Ziroc can handle *yet* another forum, it would be nice. Maybe one of us could help him moderate this, as I think a board of this nature needs some serious moderating.

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the OHF and the LH

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 05-15-2001, 04:01 PM   #29
Elhardo
The Magister

I mailed the Webmaster...He aint replied yet...We'll just have to w8 ) If he doesnt reply in a day or 2 ill send another, maybe i got the addresswrong...
Old 05-15-2001, 07:10 PM   #30
Tancred
White Dragon

Wahey! Nice idea. Sign me up, o big brain wot thought this up!

Tancred