Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2001, 04:14 PM   #1
hawaiiansushi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

does clashing alignments of different party members cause them to leave? like lets say i have an good guy char and and evil npc join my group. will that npc leave? will 2 clashing npcs duke it out with each other if theyre not the same alignment?
Old 08-23-2001, 04:21 PM   #2
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

I am not to sure if they will leave I have heard if it gets above 18 or something that they will leave but I am not to sure on this. I just keep it at average and there is no problems. There has been a few times where it is a little higher and edwin gets a little grumpy at me. It is kind of funny some of the things he says.

And welcome to the board.
Old 08-23-2001, 04:35 PM   #3
Terence The Unspecial
Dungeon Master

There are some combinations that Just Don't Work, and I am reliably informed that sometimes they end in people leaving the group, or even (gasp) in blows.

If you really want to know what they are, you should check out the GameBanshee.com site on BG2. Their section on NPCs has fairly elaborate detailed accounts of who doesnt get along with who, and who does...

But I'm sure you can guess who is going to fight if you put your mind to it.
Old 08-23-2001, 05:10 PM   #4
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Evil NPCs get mad and will leave if your Reputation gets too high, and Good NPCs get mad and leave if your Reputation gets too low. They manage to tolerate the radically different aligments of your other NPCs with little more than complaints.

Actually, some of the best NPC dialogs in the game come from NPCs who hate each other....lol.

Pick up everyone you want, have fun, watch some sparks fly, but show them who is THE SON OF BHAAL!
Old 08-24-2001, 02:24 AM   #5
Crusader
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If your party has a good rep and you have a evil character, that character will leave the party. I dont think you will lose party members cuz of your alignment.

Tip for partys with max reputaion points, if you want an evil character in your group but cant get him cuz your rep is too high just add Viconia into your party and it will decrease your rep by 2 points.

------------------
Butt Kicking for Goodness!