Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-18-2001, 08:47 AM   #1
Ethreal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey, I got this bug which stopped my game:

In the drow-city, I got a quest where I should go to one platform, meet the drow who gave the mission (can't remmeber name) and kill a beholder who or something. I bet ya know what I'm talking about. But when I go there, the drows aren't there! My friend that he had the same problem but can't remember how he handled it 'cause he went through BG2 over 6 months ago. I really hope you could help me, 'cause I liked to do all of those drow-citys quests.

-Henrik
Old 08-18-2001, 12:08 PM   #2
fckoln
Dungeon Master

Welcome!

Did you take a long time to getting around to the quest? believe that they are timed quests but they give you enough time to do them. Are you going to the right place? think it is in the south east corner of the underdark... no wait, that is the western part of the underdark screen... damn it has been awhile for me too, sorry! I'm not positive.
Old 08-18-2001, 03:29 PM   #3
Drawde1
The Magister

This quest is a bit confusing. The Beholder is not actually near either of the spelljamming ships (there's a Githyanki one at the entrance and another on the Upper Levels at the top right-hand corner of the map) but in the large, empty circular arena at the lower right-hand corner. Phaere and Solaufein will be there and when you talk to them the Beholder will teleport in. There isn't actually a spelljamming ship there at all.
Old 08-18-2001, 03:35 PM   #4
Ethreal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, I went to the place RIGHT after I got the quest. Nobody was there. I slept in inn, went back, nobody. Slept more, went back, nobody. So the time-limit-quest is out of the list. What could I do now?
Old 08-18-2001, 03:43 PM   #5
Ethreal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks, Drawde1!

I have been in the wrong place. Thanks for the help!
Sorry about the reply, you're answer came when I was replying to the first reply