Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-18-2004, 11:40 PM   #21
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
I was reading your reply, Aerich, and for a moment I considered going on a bit of a rant about the philosophy behind the martial arts. Then, thought better of it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sigmar: I think it's very sound advice, and if you find a decent school, you wont need me to patronize you about the philosophies, as you'll understand them already. I sometimes find being a martial artist as being a (relatively) small burden. Basically, my advice when you're starting out, is not to... vocalize the fact that you study the arts (if you choose to). One reason I was very glad to come to college, is no one knows me at all, and I don't have to put up with any crap, like, "karate boy!" and "hiiiiyaaa!" and other stupid crap. But that's just a very small aspect, and I still very much suggest the martial arts. I thing it's one of the major reasons I enjoy living. I hope you get a chance to try it out. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2004, 04:47 AM   #22
Aerich
Lord Ao

Heh, yes, don't go on a rant about martial arts philosophy, or you'll set me off. It's one of those things that can be talked about for days.

I wasn't for a moment suggesting that anybody should join a martial art then immediately broadcast it to the world. That's a good way to bite off more that you can chew. But friends will find out, and word will get around.