Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-27-2002, 10:37 AM   #11
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Nachtrafe:
So...do I get a prize for the 9th post? [img]smile.gif[/img]
yep. *tosses Nachtrafe a mop* you get to clean the cafe til it shines [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2002, 10:39 AM   #12
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:
RevRuby made caramel last night, and she's going to be making a banana and caramel pie for tomorrow.
[img]graemlins/1drool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1drool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1drool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1drool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1drool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1drool.gif[/img]

So...You'll be shipping those out to everyone right away, right Morgeruat? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hiya CloudyHoney!!!! [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/lovestory.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/kissy2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/kissy2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/lovestory.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"
Old 11-27-2002, 10:39 AM   #13
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:
woohoo
{edit} thought i had the first post... drat.

anywho mornin all, Hi Att, how's everyone doing today.

we got our first real snow of the season last night, about 2 inches, and it didn't stick to sidewalks or streets, just lawns, and other places.

RevRuby made caramel last night, and she's going to be making a banana and caramel pie for tomorrow.

Willow, it's not so much that I want to get out, I really enjoy the military lifestyle, but I'm tired of the constant stress and having to fear that my job is dependent on my waistline, I enjoy working out, and like looking good, but the Army's method of determining bodyfat (for men) is to measure the waist and neck and compute the resulting number with another factor determined by height, there are much more effective methods out there, but it's years away from moving to them. I've got enough technical skills and knowledge to get out and double my income (at a minimum) but I enjoy the comraderie, esprit de corps, and I like my job, and who I work with, but the other things have been going on for years now and I'm finally getting sick enough of it to say take this job and shove it (I still think I'll only recall the army with good thoughts however, as there is alot of positives)
Hi guy, so you are thinking of getting out? Well the job market is a bit slow right now, but there are jobs to be found. Just a heads up from someone who got blindsided by a couple of things when I got out.

A. I had to nearly double my annual take home pay to maintain the life style I had in the Navy.

B. If you end up taking the Unemployment benefits you will be entitled to, make sure you put about 20% of it aside, because they ARE subject to income tax and none will have been withheld for you.

C. Enjoy civilian life [img]smile.gif[/img] I know what you mean about body fat... I knew a guy who had a body that would have rivaled that of Arnie S. in his hey day, and the military,s measurements still showed him as over body fat due to his neck size.

To paraphrase some guy off of SNL, Civilian life has been beddy beddy good to me!

Old 11-27-2002, 10:41 AM   #14
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

ROTFL! You are all alot of fun today! HEHE!

Hey CD, my honey mops floors at home sometimes. He's good at a lot of things... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Morguerat, good to see you! MMMMM caramel! Tell RevRuby I'm drooling!

OK, SomeGuy, did I mention the dancers were you, CD and Horatio?

Hi Jorath! Welcome back!
Old 11-27-2002, 10:43 AM   #15
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
quote:
Originally posted by Nachtrafe:
So...do I get a prize for the 9th post? [img]smile.gif[/img]
yep. *tosses Nachtrafe a mop* you get to clean the cafe til it shines [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]*grumble* *grumble* *Starts to mop the floor*

Heywaitaminit!! I thought this was YOUR job CD. *advances on the young whippsenapper, mop extended.

Hiya everyone else.
Have a good day at work Att.

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"
Old 11-27-2002, 10:45 AM   #16
MagiK

...snicker....chortle....laff....gufaw

Glad someone else got Mop duty today

Old 11-27-2002, 10:46 AM   #17
WillowIX
Apophis

Good morning all. I see there´s a new cafe for me to spam . Have fun at work Attalus. And I see we´ve got ourselves a new cleaner today too. You didn´t feel up to it MagiK? But then you did promise to scrub my floors didn´t you? [img]graemlins/kissy2.gif[/img] *snicker*

Edit: Oh oh you did promise us donuts Cloudy. I´ll take three with my coffe

[ 11-27-2002, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 11-27-2002, 10:52 AM   #18
Borvik
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

Glad someone else got Mop duty today
Mop duty? Mop duty?? Nobody told me about such a thing like mop duty, when I registered to IW! Didn't you all say, this was a great place to be???
Old 11-27-2002, 10:54 AM   #19
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
Good morning all. I see there´s a new cafe for me to spam . Have fun at work Attalus. And I see we´ve got ourselves a new cleaner today too. You didn´t feel up to it MagiK? But then you did promise to scrub my floors didn´t you? [img]graemlins/kissy2.gif[/img] *snicker*
Only if you promise to wear that little french maid outfit

Old 11-27-2002, 10:56 AM   #20
SomeGuy
Unicorn

YAY! I GET TO DANCE!!!!!!!!!! *SomeGuy runs into the kitchen a changes into the best dancing costume he can find and comes out wearing and disco suit and then starts to dance on the tables* [img]graemlins/dancing.gif[/img]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi