Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2001, 05:59 AM   #1
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well some of you know me as a non user of images in my signature. Well I believe it may be time to change that now.
So dear friends and interested (if there are any hehe) could you please help me out with some ideas?
1. How do you link an image in your sig, say if I have a image do i just link it from my server?
2. What image do you think would be suitable?
3. New comment, I can´t come runninng all the time.. cause there are so few that cries wolf here I noted..

Well any suggestions are helpful! Thanx!
Old 02-20-2001, 06:09 AM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

Wolf, check the lady nightshade's custom portraits for nice portraits
www.planetbaldursgate.com/nightshade/index2.html

As for your other questions, I need help with that too!!!!!!
As far as I can understand it, you should go somewhere (for instance Angelfire.com)
where you can upload images.
Then you can check the help link of the Forum to learn how to link the uploaded image.

However, this doesn't really work for me, please, if you know what I'm doing wrong, read and answer my Poll: My New Sig thread
Old 02-20-2001, 06:13 AM   #3
WOLFGIR

Hi Melusine, well I´m more into doing my own images. hey I´m a wolf remember, i got fur and teeth.. hehe otherwise there would not (well maybe..) be a reason to scratch me behind my ears..

I will try do upload my imge to our local server here later. if you want i can upload your image to it to if it works out..

Sooo, y ambrosia voiced friend, got any help??
Old 02-20-2001, 06:34 AM   #4
Tobbin_OHF

Ok, I haven't really seen what images that you have going, but you make an animated GIF first. Once you have the animated Gif, you upload it to a webpage somewhere. Once you get the image where you want it, you just point to it with (image=http://www.whereverpicis.com/image.gif) I find that the best way to do this is to load up the webpage that I am uploading the GIF to and right click on the image. Then I select properties. This will show you where the EXACT location of your image is at. You just cut and paste this into the (image=pastehere). Now, I am using parenthesis there, but you need to put it into brackets []. Also, you will need to go to your profile and modify it. At the bottom of this there is your signature. Just put the whole image thing there and it should show up. If you are having a hard time with animated GIFs, you can locate someone that can host it for you, or you can "borrow" there pics. I am using one from http://www.planescape-torment.com You can use any animated GIF.
Mine is []image=http://www.planescape-torment.com/images/SP_Horror.gif[] But again, you don't close the bracket at the beginning, nor do you open it at the end like mine. Play around with it and you'll figure it out. That's how I did it. Jon pointed me in the right direction too, and so did Memnoch. We have a lot of helpful people around.

Old 02-20-2001, 06:34 AM   #5
Tobbin_OHF

Ok, I haven't really seen what images that you have going, but you make an animated GIF first. Once you have the animated Gif, you upload it to a webpage somewhere. Once you get the image where you want it, you just point to it with (image=http://www.whereverpicis.com/image.gif) I find that the best way to do this is to load up the webpage that I am uploading the GIF to and right click on the image. Then I select properties. This will show you where the EXACT location of your image is at. You just cut and paste this into the (image=pastehere). Now, I am using parenthesis there, but you need to put it into brackets []. Also, you will need to go to your profile and modify it. At the bottom of this there is your signature. Just put the whole image thing there and it should show up. If you are having a hard time with animated GIFs, you can locate someone that can host it for you, or you can "borrow" there pics. I am using one from http://www.planescape-torment.com You can use any animated GIF.

Old 02-20-2001, 06:43 AM   #6
WOLFGIR

Thanks Tobbin_OHF!!
Well that should work, now I only have to make that damn scabby wolf... and come up with some smat line...
Old 02-20-2001, 06:48 AM   #7
Sylent

You definately need something wolflike...
Doing your own images? as in you make images?
I wanted to get an image that suited my nickname... you should do the same
Wolfwere, or just wolf?

Old 02-20-2001, 07:03 AM   #8
Tobbin_OHF

Oh hey, that is one cool looking wolf, do you mind if I "borrow" it? My sister loves wolves and I think that's a pic that she doesn't have.

Old 02-20-2001, 07:05 AM   #9
WOLFGIR

Grrrgwll!
Arrghus!!!
Damn, *running around, biting mouse stepping on keyboard here..* why in the overfrozen hells won´t if work!

Sylent. Well i was figuring about drawing my own little wolf but until I´ve tried it out I´m having a go at a picture I have modify from a render fromFallout Brother hood of steel I think it is.. He´s really to cute for now, but yes i do my own images. I prefer the wolf, more subtle nd i mor control than any shapers.. They smell foul and are a bunch of badies antway.. I´m kind of nice if you get to know me..
Old 02-20-2001, 09:27 AM   #10
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Definitely a wolf, Wolfgir! A nice fuzzy four-footed cute wolfie to have his ears scritched...heehee! Uh, don't mind me, I like doggies and canines and such! Good luck to you and Melusine getting those sigs to work.

Melusine- maybe you have the wrong file name in your link? Check on your website to see what your picture is actually called then check your link in the profile.

Cloudy