Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2000, 02:26 AM   #11
PAC-MAN

maybe that last part was unnecessary.....

Old 11-30-2000, 02:32 AM   #12
Mandrake
Welcomed New User

Lol! If you are celibate due to being single I figured that hand would be be used for something else.
Old 11-30-2000, 02:33 AM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Mrs Palmer and the Five Daughters perhaps?

Ok I'll stop now
Old 11-30-2000, 02:39 AM   #14
Mandrake
Welcomed New User

Youll stop now? Were you visiting Mrs Palmer and typing one handed then Mem?
Lol!

*Behaves*
Old 11-30-2000, 03:22 AM   #15
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Hi PAC-MAN,
I have no doubt that I am probably one of the least intelligent members of the board and that my brain would explode from inadequacy if I were to try and learn the things that todays young people have to teach.
You're not alone, I divorced 5 or 6 years ago, stopped dating about 2 years ago and have become fairly comfortable with celibacy, and I do save a heck of a lot of money now
The thing that cinched the non dating and celibacy issue for me was my children. Every woman I dated after I was divorced was intimidated by the fact that I had children, and they were always trying to put me in the "Them or me", category. They didn't seem to understand that there was no choice to be made.
"I understand that you feel that way, and I am sorry, but my children will always come first. Take care". To put it succinctly. So I decided to stop putting myself through the heartache, and I have no regrets about that
Old 11-30-2000, 02:16 PM   #16
profocy

Ah yes, Pac-MaN, nothing like childish rants and raves of a sexually repressed man with no morality and concern for his fellow minors.
I love it.

Old 11-30-2000, 03:10 PM   #17
PAC-MAN

KORE'THA-KONKOROR, "Donkey Schlong", thats hilarious! the direction games are headed I'm sure it's only a matter of time. Thats one of my son's new words, "Schlong", he doesn't know his ABC's but he can call his old man a Schlong face, of coarse when I first heard it I had no idea what "Schlong" meant. I blame the public schools...and the rap groups...

Oh and that Mrs.Palmer and the five daughters comment took me a while to figure out (slow witted old man) but then all of a sudden I got it and milk almost came out of my nose! There sure is a colorful bunch on this message board, folks may say bad things about us serious gamers and computer junkies, but you won't find a more creative lot in the whole world. We grew up constantly challenging our minds. We are the future!

....and someday they'll be sorry they called us geeks and pulled our pants down in eleventh grade, humiliating us infront of Cindy Taylor....sorry...flashback..

Old 11-30-2000, 03:16 PM   #18
Jerome2k

I avoid being beat-up-on by other more aggressive peopple by making myself seem way too cool to be attacked....cant see a thing with these sunglasses on all day

Prehaps this is why all us *geeks* (i'm genrlizing here) play RPG's, they let us become more than we can in the real world.....or mabey not......

Old 11-30-2000, 03:31 PM   #19
PAC-MAN

RELIC, Hey man, sorry to hear about your divorce, I guess you've come to terms with it by now. Its tough, especially when theres kids in the picture. I may not know much about...well...anything! And I may still be half in the "denial stage" and half in the "taking more and more second glances at my son's 19 year old baby sitter" stage, but I'll tell you this much, theres alot of women in the same boat as us. Somedays I feel like damaged goods on the dating scene, divorced, a kid, but I've met some nice women that are in the same situation. AND I've met some women that like kids and can dig the fact that the toughest years or raising the child are over (the vomit and diaper years).

Now of coarse nothings worked out for me so far but maybe it's because of that half in denial thing.....or maybe I'm holding out for the baby sitter....It doesn't matter, the point is, I agree, I love my little guy and he'll always come first, but I don't think we have to embrace a "solo" life style, I guess if somethings meant to come along it will. Just make sure you don't have your eyes closed when it does.

Old 12-01-2000, 01:12 AM   #20
PAC-MAN

JEROME2K, Indeed, it may be the after effects of my "Wedensday poker night two dozen beers and twenty bucks in the hole evening" talking, but the pasion I feel for RPG (the video kind) roots....jeeze, can't get my words straight,.I juts know i'm gonna regret any postr I make tonight...
To escape from reality to a placewhere we"re suddenly the center of the universe is a powerful thing. I think it builds character, If we can save the world with a video game controller, whats stopping us from going for that raise at work? Or asking out that sexy secritary friend of your ex-wife...kay I'm just getting stupid now.

Cheers