Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-23-2003, 04:11 PM   #31
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Light Bulb

1. Of all those you mentioned, Xbox probably has the best. Also, I actually used longer time on Two Towers on GameCube than I did on any else. That just might be me, though.

3. Definetly GameCube. The controller fit your hand just like a glove, as you said yourself, and is better than the N64-controller. Believe me, GC really has the best interface.

4. I liked Super Mario 64 a tiny bit better than Sunshine. But still, Sunshine is one of the most awesome games I've ever played, and you won't be dissapointed if you try it.

So, to summarize it all, buy GameCube! It seems to be the best option for you, atleast after judging all your previous posts. Except that the best FPS's are on Xbox.
Old 04-23-2003, 04:27 PM   #32
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

If only Game Cube had Syphon Filter. I loved 1 and 2 both.

"Used more time," Sir Exxon, means "spent more time" and is good, right? Sorry, I just wasn't sure I got your meaning. Thanks for all the helpful info, of course.
Old 04-23-2003, 04:31 PM   #33
Thoran
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Soul Caliber - one of my favorite games of all time - alone makes Dreamcast tempting. But, I want to be able to find and buy new games.
Last time I was over to Electronics boutique they had Dreamcast refurbs for something like $30.00... including one game. I almost got one... IMO it was a good console that never got a chance.
Old 04-23-2003, 05:33 PM   #34
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
you can always go pick a hen...ooh laa laa game
LOL There are alot of such Titles for the Dreamcast too ya' know! and it's the only one of the four that comes with a modem! + it's the oldest [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]If they were a lot, how come Dreamcast didn't last that long huh? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2003, 08:53 PM   #35
LS0158
Zhentarim Guard

The control level is the one where you infiltrate the base and Natalya redirects the goldeneye, then you have to blow up the armored mainframes. If you kill Boris (I think that's his name) natalya gets mad and you fail the mission since she won't redirect the golden gun.

I've tried using the proximity mines, dual rc-p90s, the rocket launchers and the tank, lasers, and golden pp7s, but I just can't keep her alive!
Old 04-23-2003, 09:39 PM   #36
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Quote:
Back to the new system. Let me now ask:
1. How do the SAME games compare between systems. Who has the best Splinter Cell, Medal of Honor Frontline, Clone Wars, and other such games? [Edit-- who has the best Two Towers? - and is it good?] This will involve different questions, such as which has best graphics and which has best interface. Sound is not such a biggie with me.
2. I think there are plenty of games for any system so that doesn't really seem a concern now.
3. Which has the best interface. I chose N64 over PS1 due to the analog stick and how it fit my hand like a glove. Plus Mario 64 blew my mind. (I also got all 120 stars at least 4 times.)
4. On Mario, how is the new one? Is it as Oh-My-God as Mario 64 was?
1. Xbox has the best version of Splinter Cell. PS2 has the best version of MoHF and TTT while the Gamecube has the better version of Clone Wars. TTT is a basically a hack and slash adventure. If you're a huge fan, buy it, if not, rent it.

2. Pretty much, although PS2 has a greater variety.

3. I have heard the GCN controller is very comfortable, however for fighting games it is very uncomfortable. The Xbox controller is like a brick (although they did release a smaller version of it called Controller-S). The PS2 controller is basically the same as the PSone controller. (the analogue sticks feel smoother)

4. Not as orignal as the first, but still a great purchase. (I would also recommend getting the new Zelda game, The Wind Waker)

[img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-23-2003, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: GokuZool ]
Old 04-23-2003, 11:31 PM   #37
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

just a comment on the controllers. i've played with all three at least a little. The GC controller is buy far the best. it's incredibly comfortable and very intuitive(works great in fps which you said your interested in). i'd put the other two about even. the ps2 controllers pretty much are the ps1 controllers.
Old 04-24-2003, 01:07 AM   #38
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Anyway, I search around gaming shop just now, I notice Xbox has slash their prices about 50% in order to compete with PS2. it now has the same price as a PS2. that is $1300.
Old 04-24-2003, 01:18 AM   #39
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
Anyway, I search around gaming shop just now, I notice Xbox has slash their prices about 50% in order to compete with PS2. it now has the same price as a PS2. that is $1300.
I hope that's not Australian or American dollars Seriously, what currency is that?

Here, the PS2 and Xbox cost around $350 (AUS) or $215 (USD) which is still a bit expensive. The Gamecube is around $50 cheaper.
Old 04-24-2003, 02:09 AM   #40
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

I'll throw in my two cents on this one as well.Go with ps2.It's new to you so with more games for ps2, and a truckload of ps1 titles (they are still making new ones you know) you can't help but find many quality games you'll love.I'm not just saying this because of the bargins involved but you can go to EB with $100 and come home with 4 or 5 good games easy.I ended up haveing the dreaded "disk read error" problem I called the 1-800 number thier support was fast and helpfull, and they fixed it for free even tho it was no longer under warrenty (bought it used for $100).The only thing I paid was shipping from me to them, they even shipped it back free.When I sent it I accedentally left a golf game in it when I got it back the disc was in an envolope with the game with a note that said "you had some minor scratches on enclosed disc,we cleaned it up for you .Enjoy.".Now this was a 3rd party game the scratches were very minor but the thing looked like new, to me this is a high quality service.Couple more things to consider. Ps3 in 2005 will also be reverse compatible so your ps1 and ps2 games will still be playable if you upgrade,and the price is likely to drop in the next few months because they have devoloped a new chip to replace 2 chips used now with more power and at a lower price.It might sound like I work for sony or something but truth be told I've allways been a sega supporter through thick and thin but that's no longer a choice.
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightful place as master of all I survey.

Play games win prizes completely free. http://teet.net/af/bd395b7216
So far I've won an 8gb ipod nano and an acer inspire netbook