Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 04-30-2003, 06:57 PM   #41
Tancred
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
Ok, here`s what I`ve decided sofar, based on this thread:

Nalia: Swashbuckler. I may give her a couple of Magic Missles as special abilities to reflect her having some minor mage training. Or maybe I`ll make her a lvl2 mage dualed to swashbuckler... we`ll see. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I think, somewhere, in a banter, Nalia reflects that her mother or father encouraged her to become a mage to stop her becoming a thief, or something. It implies that she was a thief before she was a mage. There are also a lot of TOB dialogs, not to mention her epilogue, that refer to her Archmage status. These might need to be changed if the change to Swashbuckler goes ahead.

I can't help but think that Nalia being able to backstab suits her so damn well, though! The number of times I've seen a fragile heroine in films or books take a baddie out by sneaking up behind him and hitting him over the head with something hard, like a bottle or something, while he's busy growling or laughing evilly or something... well, I always associated that action with Nalia's 'backstab'. You could always just shift the majority of her thievery skills to traps, locks and illusions...

[ 04-30-2003, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: Tancred ]
Old 04-30-2003, 07:45 PM   #42
Butterfingers
Drizzt Do'Urden

Ok, so, make Nalia a Half Elf. Her father could have had some loving on the wrong side of the sheets. Make her a multi class Mage/Thief [img]smile.gif[/img] Or even a Fighter/Mage/Thief, which would be interesting, as there are no FMT NPCs.
Butterfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 07:56 PM   #43
Tancred
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Butterfingers:
Ok, so, make Nalia a Half Elf. Her father could have had some loving on the wrong side of the sheets. Make her a multi class Mage/Thief [img]smile.gif[/img] Or even a Fighter/Mage/Thief, which would be interesting, as there are no FMT NPCs.
Hell, nowhere does it say Nalia's mother was human. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2003, 08:03 PM   #44
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

for god sake, make imoen have a variable alignment, so she could become evil w/ the pc's prods, or at least nuetral.
Old 04-30-2003, 08:12 PM   #45
Tancred
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Angelousss:
for god sake, make imoen have a variable alignment, so she could become evil w/ the pc's prods, or at least nuetral.
It'd take a lot more than 'tweaking' to pull THAT off and make it consistent, I'm guessing. That's a whole different mod!
Old 05-01-2003, 01:49 AM   #46
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
While you can dual from a kit, you can't dual to a kit. So in other words, a Fighter/Cleric of Helm is impossible.
As impossible as, say, Dualing to Cleric with only 12 WIS? No, I say full speed ahead with the Priest of Helm deal--it makes a lot more sense than making him a Berserker. Hey, wait--hold on a second. Suggestion: If he fails his test and becomes Chaotic Neutral, he loses his Priest of Helm kit and abilities, and gains the Berserker kit and abilities.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tancred:
quote:
Originally posted by Angelousss:
It'd take a lot more than 'tweaking' to pull THAT off and make it consistent, I'm guessing. That's a whole different mod! [/QUOTE]Not at all--at the very start of the game, have a script detect the PC's Alignment and perform an Alignment shift on Imoen. And then just call the script again when you pick her up in Spellhold. Apart from that, you'll just need to change some banters and voice files.
Old 05-01-2003, 04:01 AM   #47
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Vedran:
Would this work?

IF
Level(Valygar,15) //If Valygar is level 15
HasItem(NPSW04,Valygar) //and he has his blade in inventory
THEN
RESPONSE #100
TakeItemReplace(NPSW04,NPSW04A,Valygar) //then take it and replace it with better blade
END

IF
Level(Valygar,20)
HasItem(NPSW04A,Valygar)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
TakeItemReplace(NPSW04A,NPSW04B,Valygar)
END

IF
Level(Valygar,25)
HasItem(NPSW04B,Valygar)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
TakeItemReplace(NPSW04B,NPSW04C,Valygar)
END

Should do... I`ll give it a shot. [img]smile.gif[/img]
And just to make that script alot shorter, I`ll bind the sword to his bloodline... or, in English, make it undropable.
TakeItemReplace should put the new item into the same spot that it took the old item out of, shouldn`t it ??

On Anomen - I`ll try to make him a Fighter->Helmite; and if that turns out to be truly impossible, I`ll just give him some special abilities based on his worship of helm.
On Imoen allignment change - I`ll either make her switch between Good/Neutral/Chaotic Good; or Neutral Good/Neutral/Evil ... whichever ends up making more sense once I look at her dialogue. [img]smile.gif[/img]
On Nalia - I`ll read through her dialogue and epilogue, and see what I can do... if there is alot of stuff about her being a good Mage, then I might make her a pure Mage... the game does lack a 'good' one, after all...

[ 05-01-2003, 04:34 AM: Message edited by: LennonCook ]
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 11:45 AM   #48
Vedran
Lord Soth

TakeItemReplace does that.
But beware, the new item will be added even if the NPC doesn't have the item that needs to be removed. Which is really dumb.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 08:15 PM   #49
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Vedran:
TakeItemReplace does that.
But beware, the new item will be added even if the NPC doesn't have the item that needs to be removed. Which is really dumb.
If it`s undroppable, how can he *not* have it (short of cheating) ?? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 12:19 PM   #50
sorab
Dungeon Master

i would love to see a monk NPC...but there doesnt seem to be a portrait right for a monk...maybe josimo woulb be a good one.

i think a good mod would be to to make thir thei a.i more intresting...
i hate the fact that i cant speak to my party members even they have nothing really important to say...just to chat...even make an affair with jaheira for example