Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2003, 02:28 PM   #21
Trau
Zhentarim Guard

Could have been some high level rogues he caught! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Black Bush: \"UN got a problem with me in Iraq? You know what you should do? You should sanction me. Sanction me with your army. Oh wait, you don\'t have an army. I guess that means you should need to shut the f**k up! SHUT THE F**K UP!\"
Trau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 02:53 PM   #22
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

i might make it only useable by either evil or at least not good too. most people of a good alignment would be averse to using something with souls trapped in it.
Old 04-25-2003, 03:32 PM   #23
Vanessa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Here is my idea for a weapon:

Name: Long Sword + 5 Sword of The Dragon's Spirit,

Even after all LIVING dragons were destroyed, there were many draconic species left so a Very powerful mage named Tivinon Created this sword to target those species and protect the user from some of their more powerful abilities.

Stats:
4D19 damage normally, x2 damage against dragon-like creatures
Special: (Wielded): immunity to hold,charm,and Greater Malison attacks. (Initiated): Shapechange 2x/day

Weight: 12lbs
Required Level: lvl 12 warrior
Req. Str.: 10
Not Usable by:
Non warrior classes
Vanessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 04:32 PM   #24
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Overpowerd.... grossly over-powerd
Old 04-25-2003, 05:48 PM   #25
Trau
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Angelousss:
i might make it only useable by either evil or at least not good too. most people of a good alignment would be averse to using something with souls trapped in it.
Yes, I was thinking of that, as well. I don't imagine the wizard that trapped their souls would have been the nicest fellow, either.
Black Bush: \"UN got a problem with me in Iraq? You know what you should do? You should sanction me. Sanction me with your army. Oh wait, you don\'t have an army. I guess that means you should need to shut the f**k up! SHUT THE F**K UP!\"
Old 04-25-2003, 05:54 PM   #26
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Yea....anyways, heres another idea for something

Robe of the Super Magi
This magical robe was thought to be created by the the instability of magics through the realms. Its powers, and its disadvantages must be thought through carefully before wearing this robe. To some, it will be worth it, to others it would be nearly torture.

Equipped Abilities:
AC base set to: 3
Casting time increased(or whichever makes it better): 4
-2 to Charisma
-1 to Strength

Special Abilities
Cast Improved Alacrity 1x per day

Weight: 3
Usable By:
Mages (Single, multi, dual)

Is this too overpowered?
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 06:21 PM   #27
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Brings to mind the robe of vecna, really, 'cept the vecna robe doesnt have the disadvantages.

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 06:25 PM   #28
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Raistlin Majere:
Brings to mind the robe of vecna, really, 'cept the vecna robe doesnt have the disadvantages.
I know. Thats where I got the idea from. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Just an uber version of it with disadvantages [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 07:17 PM   #29
Trau
Zhentarim Guard

Trajo's Thrust
A wizard slayer by the name of Trajo Rioak was employed by a frustrated king to seek out the villainous wizard, Maldarr Lyranzen, who had been recently pillaging the surrounding lands. Trajo quickly found Maldarr's enormous tower, and his natural magic resisitance overcame any magical traps that would prove the to average fellow quite fatal. The quarry was found deep in the tower's lower levels, hundreds of feet below ground. Much to his dread, Trajo found a red dragon standing over Maldarr, and it was quite clear who the master was. The red dragon would die to defend Maldarr, of this, Trajo was regrettably sure. After an intense battle, Trajo found himself in the middle of the dragon and Maldarr. All were exhausted, but there was only one end to this confrontation: someone had to die. Maldarr began chanting a disintegrate spell, as the dragon drew in air for its devastating fire breath. Recognizing the actions of both, Trajo quickly threw himself behind a large statue in the center of the room. The vile wizard's spell hit the dragon and disintegrated it, but not before its fire breath hit the wizard and removed his stoneskin. Trajo picked up his sword, and made straight for Maldarr. Maldarr pushed over a boiling cauldron in Trajo's direction to buy himself some time, and started an improved invisibilty spell. He was not fast enough, as just as he uttered the spell's last word, Trajo's blade was thrust directly into his heart. Amazingly, the blade was turned invisible, not the dying wizard. Trajo managed to land a final, decapitating blow. The dust left from the red dragon was used in a series of enchantments, along with other exotic items, to enchant the sword and gain control of its invisibility. These enchantments were carried out at the request of the grateful king by his chief mages as a reward to Trajo Rioak.

Abilities:
-+30% magic resistance
-improved invisibility 1x per day
-cast breach 3x per day

THACO: +5
Damage: 1D10+5
Speed Factor: 3
Weight: 8
Strength Required: 12
Proficiency Type: 2-handed sword
Type: 2-Handed
Usable By:
Wizard Slayer

[ 04-25-2003, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: Trau ]
Old 04-25-2003, 08:34 PM   #30
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Nice idea, but I do have a couple of nitpicks:

Elemental damage doesn't remove Stoneskin, it just goes right through it. The sword you have outlined would be a tremendous boon to Wizard Slayers (who currently need all the help they can get), but it's not quite justified. For instance, Red Dragon Dust would be far more likely to confer Fire Resistance than Magic Resistance, and the sword would probably cast a 10D6 Fireball instead of Breach.

Hey.....how come we don't have any suggestions from Dundee on here yet? Hmm. Tell you what, I'll bait him. Hey, Dundee!! What do you think you would get if Cromwell/Cespenar combined:
  • Robe of Vecna
  • Ring of Gaxx
  • Book of Kaza
  • Lich's Tooth
  • Halberd+2, Duskblade (optional)
  • Skull of the Lich (optional)