Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2004, 02:48 PM   #71
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
And how does one recognise a non smoker ? You wear a flower on your hat ? A tattoo on your forhead ? A button on your coat ?

I need to know so i won't make that mistake.
Old 11-28-2004, 02:54 PM   #72
Sythe
Ra

Someone that seems bothered by it (coughing, gagging). A whole bunch of little kids, someone with an inhaler. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

To be true, you cannot always tell. And its true that every smoker makes the honest mistake. And nobody is perfect. BUT you know it can be pretty obvious in some cases. Would you blow smoke with a woman holding her baby?
Old 11-28-2004, 02:54 PM   #73
SomeGuy
Unicorn

*shakes head* Some people make too big a deal over a small thing, sure people out there are dying because of cigs, but really people, I've noticed some posts in this thread that sound rude to me. Anyway, about passive smoke, it's not the smokers fault, it's not the non-smokers fault. It's just a matter of wrong place,wrong time. Either person has the choice to move. Smoking really doesn't bother me, I don't mind the smell and I can tolerate it for awhile but I usually get away. It's never bothered me that much, probably because my dad smoked for a long time, my mom lights lots of candles, my aunt lights tons of inscence, and a lot of my family smokes. I worry about them, yes, but I'm not gonna go off on them and yell "YOU'RE SMOKING! THAT'S DISGUSTING YOU'RE GONNA KILL YOURSELF DON'T YOU REALIZE HOW STUPID THAT IS?!" like some people I've seen do. (Not refering to anyone in this thread.) Just my jumbled 2 cents.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 11-28-2004, 02:59 PM   #74
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Sythe:
Someone that seems bothered by it (coughing, gagging). A whole bunch of little kids, someone with an inhaler. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

To be true, you cannot always tell. And its true that every smoker makes the honest mistake. And nobody is perfect. BUT you know it can be pretty obvious in some cases. Would you blow smoke with a woman holding her baby?
No, like i said, i'm not aiming for anyone, it's not some kind of war where we are trying to give you all cancer or something. I bother noone with my smoke, unless you come right into my face. And unless you want to have sex with me i see no reason for anyone to come that close to me. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2004, 07:08 PM   #75
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
If smokers want to poison their lungs until they get cancer, let them. Not my problem. It is only my problem if they use their chimney of a mouth to blow that horrid smoke in my breathing space.

NON smokers: If you are walking past someone that is smoking just hold your breath and move quickly. That is what I always do.

Smokers: Have the courtesy to blow your smoke not in the direction of non smokers.
And we can tell whos a smoker and a non-smoker just by looking at them?
Old 11-28-2004, 08:16 PM   #76
Sythe
Ra

Quote:

*sighs and points up* [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2004, 08:28 PM   #77
Landon Contressior
Dungeon Master

You guys just dont get it, do you? Smokers will live on forever, Weed is outlawed, and people still smoke it, besides who is going to say, you can't enjoy a cigerette. No one will because it is a state of happiness for some people. It calms nerves for some of us, and releives that stress that only nicotine can cure. So just give up the "ban smoking" postion.
Old 11-28-2004, 10:40 PM   #78
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Landon Contressior:
You guys just dont get it, do you? Smokers will live on forever, Weed is outlawed, and people still smoke it, besides who is going to say, you can't enjoy a cigerette. No one will because it is a state of happiness for some people. It calms nerves for some of us, and releives that stress that only nicotine can cure. So just give up the "ban smoking" postion.
I <3 u
Old 11-28-2004, 10:53 PM   #79
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Landon Contressior:
Which is why the smoking bans are for indoor public places only. It's the only place where it can be really policed. It also happens to be the place where it matters the most. Outdoors, it disipates quite quickly, meaning it isn't much of a risk to anyone unless either a) They're the one smoking or b) The smoke is blown right on them. Inside, it lingers for hours, meaning it's a danger to anyone who so much as walks in.
Old 11-28-2004, 11:05 PM   #80
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Yeah, but then you cant say "you walk into the smokey cantina" anymore in role-playing! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Yeah, that's my only arguement.