Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-25-2003, 05:46 PM   #1
Vedran
Lord Soth

What are these items for:
-scroll (of nothing?)
-ancient scroll (IIRC, large version of "scroll")
-potion of youth (removes 4 years, but what for?)
-potion of imortality (I killed that guy, now what?)
-cursed sword (-20 to abilities, quest sound when I picked it up)
-celestial sword (after eggs)
-celestial dagger (more than a weapon?)
?
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 09:20 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Vedran:
What are these items for:
-scroll (of nothing?)
-ancient scroll (IIRC, large version of "scroll")
-potion of youth (removes 4 years, but what for?)
-potion of imortality (I killed that guy, now what?)
-cursed sword (-20 to abilities, quest sound when I picked it up)
-celestial sword (after eggs)
-celestial dagger (more than a weapon?)
?
I think some of the stuff is pretty much useless, like a scroll. And isn't that ancient scroll one of the things the villagers ask you to look for ? If yes, you can sell it to the person that asked you to look for it. Potion of immortality is also useless, you can't drink it, and noone buys it from you. I simply threw em away.

Potion of youth is worth a lot of money, but when you played several times, using the same characters like i did, eventually they'll become old farts, and this makes them young again. I don't think aging effects your abilities though.

Things like the Celestial dagger and sword are also crap, there are much better swords in the game. You only need them for certain quests.

The cursed sword is also one of the "lost items", find the villager that asked you to look for it and sell it to him. If they haven't asked you yet, keep it in your inventory, cause sooner or later they WILL ask you to look for it.
Old 01-26-2003, 07:35 AM   #3
Vedran
Lord Soth

I don't recall being asked to retreeive the sword and scroll, but shall check.
Thanks.
Old 01-26-2003, 09:08 AM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Just go and speak to all the villagers, eventually they'll ask you to retrieve those things. You'll get 10.000 goldpieces for them.
Old 01-26-2003, 09:42 AM   #5
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Darkstone - the game that refuses to die

First off, there is the archived Darkstone Forum here which you can search for answers. Secondly, since the game developers went bust and the official forum disappeared, some people started this board where you can find a lot of good information.

I recently reinstalled Darkstone and my lvl 52 thief is happily hacking and slashing her way around the dungeons again.

Have fun!

[ 01-26-2003, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: Mouse ]

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 09:54 AM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Hm, i'm thinking of reinstalling it too. Exept i hate it to start completely from scratch.
Old 01-27-2003, 10:08 AM   #7
Vedran
Lord Soth

It is really a school example of RPG (not really RPG, arcade with RPG elements). E.g. I find a sign with small letters, and fifty meters away a monk gives me a magnifying glass as a reward. Ain't this a quest for Hall of Fame.

The game is so obviously influenced by Diablo (read: it is Diablo in 3D). And I despise Diablo. So I don't think I shall play it twice. Thanks for link, Mouse, but for the aforementioned reason, I doubt I'll have big use of it.

-You were right. Sacred Scroll and The Cursed Sword are quest items.
-Are items, enemies and level layout random?
-What are these skills for (I don't have a manual), Forager, Master of Arms, Concentration, Orientation, (and other fighter's skills)
-I'm hitting those spiders (and fire golems) and my sword is losing a point of dur. per hit? Is it normal?
-I have six crystals, where is the seventh? On Draak? BTW, his lair is TOUGH. Can't orientate, it is dark, and Draak himself is pretty difficult.
Old 01-27-2003, 01:51 PM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Vedran:
It is really a school example of RPG (not really RPG, arcade with RPG elements). E.g. I find a sign with small letters, and fifty meters away a monk gives me a magnifying glass as a reward. Ain't this a quest for Hall of Fame.

The game is so obviously influenced by Diablo (read: it is Diablo in 3D). And I despise Diablo. So I don't think I shall play it twice. Thanks for link, Mouse, but for the aforementioned reason, I doubt I'll have big use of it.

-You were right. Sacred Scroll and The Cursed Sword are quest items.
-Are items, enemies and level layout random?
-What are these skills for (I don't have a manual), Forager, Master of Arms, Concentration, Orientation, (and other fighter's skills)
-I'm hitting those spiders (and fire golems) and my sword is losing a point of dur. per hit? Is it normal?
-I have six crystals, where is the seventh? On Draak? BTW, his lair is TOUGH. Can't orientate, it is dark, and Draak himself is pretty difficult.
Yes, the game is comes up with random dungeons and enemies

Forager is for fishing, stand next to water, select forager, and you can pull em right out of the water. Master of arms is only for melee fighters, concentration for thieves, etc...

Your sword needs to be repaired frequently, or it will break, and you'll be witout a weapon in the middle of a fight.

There are seven dungeons you need to explore before you must enter Draak's lair, when you did that, you must have 7 crystals, if not, you forgot something.

When yo face Draak, make sure you have plenty of health and mana potions with you, and you'll be fine. Use the orb at the right moment, or Draak will regenerate his lost health.

[ 01-27-2003, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: johnny ]
Old 01-27-2003, 05:12 PM   #9
Vedran
Lord Soth

It appears that you haven't understood what I asked. Don't worry - my bad english is to blame.

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
[Forager is for fishing, stand next to water, select forager, and you can pull em right out of the water. Master of arms is only for melee fighters, concentration for thieves, etc...
I asked for specific skills, what they do. But doesn't matter, I found it in various sources. BTW, Forager can also extract funghi from woods - hilarious.

Quote:
Your sword needs to be repaired frequently, or it will break, and you'll be witout a weapon in the middle of a fight.
Hey, friend, this is not my first game. I know that equipment breaks, but I think that a sword should take more than twenty hits before cracking.

Quote:
There are seven dungeons you need to explore before you must enter Draak's lair, when you did that, you must have 7 crystals, if not, you forgot something.
I have six crystals and I am in his lair. Damn, where could I find the seventh? And it appears that even quests are random.

Do you have a list of crystals, so I could conclude which one I need (and where is it)?
I shall try the forum Mouse mentioned.

Thanks.
Old 01-27-2003, 07:04 PM   #10
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
The seventh crystal is in the land of Serkesh (not sure if i remember the name right). You probably went straight into his dungeon, instead of looking for the seventh dungeon. Explore the map a bit, it can't be far.

And i agree on the swords part, they break way too fast, especially when you fight those armoured skeletons. You could try to repair the sword yourself, but it will lose durability everytime you fail to repair it correctly.