Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2002, 09:45 AM   #11
Kormar the Wanderer
Manshoon

I'll have to keep some of the above in mind, because this time of year my hands completely dry out and start peeling... (Also from NY...)
Old 11-01-2002, 09:36 PM   #12
The Ornery One
Drow Warrior

It isn't just outside that you get dry air during the winter. Since I've started turning my heater on, the air is very noticably drier. Recks havac with sinuses as well as skin! And hair. I'm going through twice as much conditioner (long curly hair).
Old 11-01-2002, 09:49 PM   #13
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Same here, during the winter I always have to use more "heavy duty" hair conditioner or I get horrible static! My hair is 5 or so inches below my shoulders, but with static each hair can stand straight out on end! The more you try to brush it the worse it gets!

As for skin, there are lots of lotions and moisturizers that work well. I'm using Jergens Skin Cooling lotion, with Cucumber extract, right now, bought it this summer for sun exposure, but it seems to still work great even now that it's gotten cold [img]smile.gif[/img]

Last, but not least, the Heater's On and My Sinuses are Swelling! moments, try going to your local grocery store or drug store and buying this nasal inhaler called Benzedrex. It works wonders, just remember to sniff the thing lightly, it's pretty powerful LOL, if you sniff too deeply you not only open up your swollen nasal passages, you open up your entire throat LOL! Kind of an irritating feeling when that happens LOL.!

Reality Show Recaps