Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2002, 12:38 PM   #21
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

Quote:
Aliens do exist, mathematical as least. stay with me.
The universe is 13 billion-odd light years big.
It contains hundred thousand galaxies.
Each galaxy is home to a billion or so stars.
one quarter (2.5 thousand) of these have planets.
Not normally you say that roughly one in eight of these is like earth but why does life need earth like conditions?
So theirs thousands of plants for life to exist on probability states some must have life intelligent or not.
gabriel is on the right track,if off on his numbers.this galaxy alone has 400,000,000,000,that's four hundred BILLION,stars.and it's not even a very big galaxy.and there are BILLIONS of known galaxies.that's alot of stars.so there have to be planets with life out there somewhere.
Quote:
Aliens exist - the probability of this dump of a planet having evolved the only intelligent life-forms in the universe are remote. Wait a minute, it wasnt a dump before humans came along, was it? Which kind puts a question mark after the "intelligent" part. But this is besides the point.

But the chances of them coming to earth to perform kinky experiments is probably just as remote. I mean why, surely they have something they can probe closer to home if their that way inclined? And this planet isnt very deirable now that humans have lived on it for a few dozen millenia.
andrewas,get off the environmentalist whacko bandwagon for a minute.what man does to the planet is NOTHING compared to what nature does to it.i wish i could build a time machine so i could take people back in time to see what nature does to the planet.i would show them the utter devastation caused by the asteroid that wiped out most life on earth.or the eruption of mount krakatoa.the dust cloud from that eruption circled the earth three times and basically blocked the sun for a year.
here are some other nifty facts about the krakatoa eruption:
1. The explosions were heard on Rodriguez Island, 4653 km distant across the Indian Ocean, and over 1/13th of the earth's surface.

2. Ash fell on Singapore 840 km to the N, Cocos (Keeling) Island 1155 km to the SW, and ships as far as 6076 km WNW. Darkness covered the Sunda Straits from 11 a.m. onthe 27th until dawn the next day.

3. Giant waves reached heights of 40 m above sea level, devastating everything in their path and hurling ashore coral blocks weighing as much as 600 tons.

4. At least 36,417 people were killed, most by the giant sea waves, and 165 coastal villages were destroyed.

5. When the eruption ended only 1/3 of Krakatau, formerly 5x9 km, remained above sea level, and new islands of steaming pumice and ash lay to the north where the sea had been 36 m deep.

6. Every recording barograph in the world ducumented the passage of the airwave, some as many as 7 times as the wave bounced back and forth between the eruption site and its antipodes for 5 days after the explosion.

7. Tide gauges also recorded the sea wave's passage far from Krakatau. The wave "reached Aden in 12 hours, a distance of 3800 nautical miles, usually traversed by a good steamer in 12 days".

8. Blue and green suns were observed as fine ash and aerosol, erupted perhaps 50 km into the stratosphere, circled the equator in 13 days.

9. Three months after the eruption these products had spread to higher latitudes causing such vivid red sunset afterglows that fire engines were called out in New York, Poughkeepsie, and New Haven to quench the apparent conflagration. Unusual sunsets continued for 3 years.

10. Rafts of floating pumice-locally thick enouth to support men, trees, and no doubt other biological passengers-crossed the indian Ocean in 10 months. Others reached Melanesia, and were still afloat two years after the eruption.

11. The volcanic dust veil that created such spectacular atmospheric effects also acted as a solar radiation filter, lowering global temperatures as much as 1.2 degree C in the year after the eruption. Temperatures did not return to normal until 1888.

so much for us destroying the planet.
Old 07-04-2002, 12:21 PM   #22
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

I love this stuff. Life is out there for sure. Theyve been here, for sure. Thousands upon thousands of people cant all be hallucinating as many government(s) official(s) would have you believe.

Ive seen 5 UFOs. Twice I was with my oldest brother and we saw one. The last time, I was alone and I saw 3 of them at once. Almost directly over my house. If I had had a baseball and thrown it I could have hit them. They were that close.

Theyre here.

Ive seen reports of people seeing lights under the ocean. If they can travel through space couldnt they go underwater??? Seems like a good place to hide to me.

[ 07-04-2002, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: Earthdog ]
Old 07-04-2002, 12:50 PM   #23
Deathbringer

Aliens 'DO' exist, I spoke to one last night, my mother.
Seriously, I find it extreamly hard to believe that ONLY Earth contains life. I mean common! We know about 0.0000000000001% of the universe, if that! There are billions of other planets capable of containing life.
So Yes Aliens do exist.

Old 07-04-2002, 02:01 PM   #24
andrewas
Harper

Khazadman, sorry, I was just feeling more cynical than usual that day. One thing you cant deny though - the krakatoa eruption was not preventable. Not by us at least, aliens is another matter, although as I have said I dont believe for a second their interested in us enough to save us.

The slower but potentialy more destructive effect of human polution is, at least in part.
Old 07-04-2002, 02:13 PM   #25
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I believe that other forms of sentient life exist elsewhere in the universe, if not in our own galaxy.

As for them visiting Earth to experiment on us and cows.... Ummm.... No? Why the hell would they anally probe humans, anyway? [img]tongue.gif[/img] If they have the technology to fly this far they could wipe us out, and if they had visited us with the intent to contact us, they already would have. So they must intend our destruction if they ARE visiting us, so why experiment on us? Why not just kill us all off now with some genetically engineered virus? Or whatever "aliens" use to kill things....

More likely the "abduction victims" have ingested too much alcohol or smoked too much of some hallucinogenic drug [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2002, 05:56 PM   #26
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
Do you believe in aliens? I don't for sure. All things were created by God right? Why would he create aliens? They try to kill us and experiment with us and they try to probe us and all sorts of stuff. Why would God create something that would do that to us? IMHO though.
Why would he create disease? Or earthquakes? Or allow some humans to murder other humans? You can't argue against aliens who come and probe people and kill them on the basis that God wouldn't create such nasties

However whether God created aliens or not, I certainly don't believe the stories of alien abduction. If there is life in the universe it isn't zooming around in flying saucers beaming up people to do tests on. LOL Roy and HG on the Ice Dream (don't know how many people know of these guys) were discussing aliens flying over Smiggin Holes giving it their blessing for the 2010 winter games, and made the pertinent comment that aliens only target insane people to beam up
Old 07-04-2002, 06:01 PM   #27
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

I totally agree aleins aren't real why would god create them if people are so scared of them. and besides that point it doesn't say god created life on other planets in the bible anywhere.
Old 07-04-2002, 06:03 PM   #28
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

:Grey:

I belive that anything is possible until it is undeniably proven as being impossible... and that goes for all things...
Old 07-06-2002, 11:57 AM   #29
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Loumistro:
I totally agree aleins aren't real why would god create them if people are so scared of them. and besides that point it doesn't say god created life on other planets in the bible anywhere.
The Bible also doestn say anything about dinosaurs. Nor does it say anything about the other 8 planets in our solar system. Nor does it say anything about planets in other solar systems. as far as that goes it doesnt even say there ARE other solar systems.

The Bible contradicts itself in the Book of Genesis. Adam and Eve (the first two humans to exsist) ate the forbidden fruit of the Tree of Life And KNOWLEDGE. They are promptly booted from the Garden of Eden to the World of MEN. So there ya have it. There were OTHERS. Their sons had to find wives somewhere.

And going back to what someone else said about "why would god create aliens because humans are scared of them?" or something to that effect. People are scared PEOPLE much moreso alien life forms. Humans tend to be scared of anything they dont understand. We try to destroy things we are scared of. Its been done since men still lived in caves. It still goes on today though to a lesser degree.
Old 07-06-2002, 12:21 PM   #30
Jerhal
Dungeon Master

I won't believe in aliens until I actually see one probeing my ass.