Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-24-2002, 05:23 PM   #11
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:

Grand Ranger, on a more serious note, do you actually think that animals were put on this earth to serve, protect and entertain people like you? That they were created to cater to your every whim? Every single living thing serves its own purpose. Keeping you occupied is every animal's last priority.

Yay! Exactly [img]smile.gif[/img] Grand-Ranger, if you want protection, get a security system. If you want a companion, find a friend (though if you can't find a cat companionable then you must be pretty mean to them). Hunting? What the hell do you need an animal to help here, I'm sure you've got a lot of macho guns and 4WDs, you know, be a real manly man about it . Entertainment - rent a movie. Finally, most people don't get cats to keep mice away. Most people get cats because they love cats.

Animals are not tools for us to use for entertainment/protection/etc. They are creatures valuable for themselves not for what they can do for us. They love us unconditionally; we have a responsibility to love them the same way.
Old 01-24-2002, 05:30 PM   #12
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Well they're good for whizzing on your winter coat I know that!! [img]tongue.gif[/img] issed:

You're probably just not a "cat person" Grand Ranger. No biggie, to each his own. I happen to love cats, always have, well... sometimes (see above). I really don't look for a "use" for them, they are just adorable to me and I just like to grab them up and snuggle with them!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 01-24-2002, 05:31 PM   #13
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Wow, people, relax it was a question. Almost joke like.

Geez some of you people need to learn to stop taking things so serously.
Old 01-24-2002, 05:36 PM   #14
Neb
Account deleted by Request

LOL, people overreacted a bit to this one [img]tongue.gif[/img] I think GR was expecting joke-ish responses like SB's, Mouse's and mine [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2002, 05:41 PM   #15
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Cats are great! They taste like chicken!
Old 01-24-2002, 06:05 PM   #16
Sorcerer Alex

My apologies to anyone who feels I overreacted here. But if all people want is agreement and/or jocular remarks, why bother posting?

Old 01-24-2002, 06:27 PM   #17
Lord Shield

Okay, let's compare Grand_Ranger to a cat :
Ratings are out of 10

Cuteness
Cat: 9 (3 when ripping furniture)
G-R: 2 (0 when ripping furniture)

Fun
Cat: 7
G-R: 4

Protection
Cat: from mice
G-R: none

Companionship
when hungry or wanting attention
(to BOTH Cats and G-R)

Hunting
Cat: brings back trophies
G-R: yet to get one

Entertainment
Cat: plenty
G-R: only when drunk

Mice Response
Cat: Yum
G-R: Eek!

Cute
Cat: Definitely
G-R: Questionable

[ 01-24-2002: Message edited by: Lord Shield ]

Old 01-24-2002, 06:28 PM   #18
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

I had a cat that was a decent hunter.A 23 lbs maine coon mix,that loved killin rabbits.At least 3 or 4 times a week I'd go out on the back porch to find he had left me one,if you were in the yard when he came back with one he would drop the body at your feet and just purr away.Unfortunatly a neighbor started raiseing french lops and he got the buisness end of a .22 like a weasle in the henhouse.Sucked but I couldn't get him to stop getting into the cages.
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightful place as master of all I survey.

Play games win prizes completely free. http://teet.net/af/bd395b7216
So far I've won an 8gb ipod nano and an acer inspire netbook
Old 01-24-2002, 06:47 PM   #19
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

cats always look at me funny like they want to kill me or something. I think theyre secretly plotting on taking over the world. They all think the feline race is superior. Well show them [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evillaughter2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evillaughter2.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2002, 07:11 PM   #20
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
Wow, people, relax it was a question. Almost joke like.

Geez some of you people need to learn to stop taking things so serously.

Maybe you didn't quite get that across, GR. Try using a few smileys next time.

Cloudy, CAT lover [img]graemlins/kittynow.gif[/img]