Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-31-2001, 12:03 AM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

I found Valygar and went to Government with him. If I deliver him to Tolgerias, Aerie Anomen and Minsc leaves me but I gain 11500 xp. I cant take it. Well, I say that I wont deliver him then tolgerias says ok and he disappears. Where's my Xp then?

Whats the best thing I can do? I examined through the archievse but still cant find a satisfying reply. Feel free to spoil me
Old 08-31-2001, 12:47 AM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Don't deliver him. Use him to gain entrance to the Planar Sphere.

Delivering Valygar is considered to be an "evil" act...only do this if you are playing Evil and have an evil party. The cowled wizards are a bad, bad, bad lot...remember what happened to Imoen.

Go to the Planar Sphere with Valygar, and pretty soon, you'll understand just what kind of "fine" people the Cowled Ones are.

Cheers,

------------------
Old 08-31-2001, 12:50 AM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

However...(just thought of this)...you may want to wait a bit until you're about 11th or 12th level before attempting it. Planar Sphere isn't the easiest dungeon, not by a long shot.

------------------
Old 08-31-2001, 05:34 AM   #4
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

If I complete the planar sphere, can I then deliever Valygar (I am an evil party)?
Old 08-31-2001, 09:38 AM   #5
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Should I have Valyar in party while walking in the Planar Sphere? I mean enter and leave him outside and the events there will happen again?
Old 08-31-2001, 09:45 AM   #6
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

you shoul dhave him in your party when you try to open the sphere, otherwise it won't. And no, after you complete the quest you won't be able to deliver him - you'll see why.
Old 08-31-2001, 05:17 PM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoltan:
Should I have Valyar in party while walking in the Planar Sphere? I mean enter and leave him outside and the events there will happen again?
If you mean, do you need Valygar to complete the Planar Sphere: no, you don't. All you need him to do is open the door. You can remove him from the party at that time and go in.

SPOILER ALERT:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Once you enter Planar Sphere, you can't exit until the quest is completed. There are places in there you can rest, but once you get past the main entranceway, you're somewhere cruising around the Astral Planes.

As far as Valygar is concerned: if you have room for him, he's worth doing Planar Sphere with. You get some interesting dialog and storyline, plus some clues on what to do next that you don't get if you don't have him in the party. You can still do it, but it may not be as intuitive.

------------------