Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-07-2001, 06:09 PM   #1
smoelf

How do I kill the iron golem in de'Arnise Keep? Any good ideas?
Any special weapon/spells needed?

Old 01-07-2001, 08:11 PM   #2
Holy Mage Wah

MELF'S MINUTE METEORS!!!

Then you'll have enough Iron to build the Eiffel Tower. (okay.....a mini version anyway)

Old 01-07-2001, 08:49 PM   #3
NytesHalo

Or if you still can't kill him. Buy Azure Edge from Bernard in the Copper Coronet. Not only is it a +# weapon that you can throw that can hurt irom golems, but it also has a chance of outright destroyin undead as well. I killed many vampired this way as they attempted to charge at me. A good shot between the eyes knocked them into oblivion.

Old 01-07-2001, 08:49 PM   #4
NytesHalo

Another thing you can do is cast lower magic resist first before casting anything else on them if you choose to kill it with magic.

Old 01-08-2001, 03:46 PM   #5
lombardi

Use any long weapon(staff/halberd/2-hd sword, etc.), must be +2 or better, get the golem trapped in doorway, stand at extreme melee range and whack away. GOLEMS ONLY HAVE A SHORT ATTACK RADIUS! They can't hit you back! Use someone with a good save against the poison gas cloud. For this reason Jaheira was my Golem killer. Works really nice on Adamantine Golems later - TOUGH.