Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2001, 05:18 AM   #11
Tobbin
Red Dragon

LOL. Yeah, that probably would have been true, but that was a long time ago. I didn't know about Shadow Cheater back then, and I was just kidding about raising my experience like that. I did notice that it could be done though, but I'm too impatient to try and raise my experience like that. Besides, if someone really does raise their experience like that, what's the fun in the game? You make it where you don't need to play the game to get the levels. Like I was saying to GW, I do cheat from time to time, but only when the game forces me to do so. Usually when there is a glitch in the game and I can not get past whatever area I get 'stuck' in. I got stuck in Torment like that one time, but at least it had a way out. All you had to do was have your party kill you. Then you will usually go back somewhere that you could go around where you got stuck. Being immortal was cool.
Old 01-06-2001, 05:38 AM   #12
Cleric
Welcomed New User

What can you do whit it ?
Old 01-06-2001, 06:57 AM   #13
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Well, being immortal means that you can't die (unless eaten or disintegrated or something, oh yeah, lunacy too). So even if I wasn't a high enough level to tackle something in the game, it wasn't a problem. I would die and then get back up. Rise From Your Grave. LOL. Then I could go back and fight whatever it was I was fighting. Eventually, cause not everything was immortal (most things weren't), I would kill it. Near to the end of the game this didn't help much, but for the most part, you were high level by then and didn't have to resort to those kind of tricks to keep going.

Another benefit was that your character constantly regenerated. Like a troll, but slower. If you kept putting your character points into dexterity, the regeneration would keep going up as well. I started off with 18 to dex cause I wanted to make a thief character so I put most of my points there. And, as I leveled up, I would add another point. By the time that I got to 16th level as a thief, I had maxxed out the 25 points into dexterity. I could just stand in one spot and watch my hitpoints rise after I was hit. Made combat a lot easier. I could just duck and run til my hitpoints got up where I could fight again. I didn't die near as often then.

The only 2 real drawbacks that I had about the game was that I couldn't become a priest, nor could I find any armor in the game. They had stuff that would help push your armor class down, but no real armor. Also, another reason to have a really high dexterity.

I eventually did switch over to mage though, cause I really wanted to try out the cool spells in the game. My favorite was Abyssal Fury. To see the ground crack open and a demon's hand come up and grab your enemy, then pull him down below the ground was really cool. If he failed his saving throw (I guess anyways), the hand would fling his skeleton out of the pit and then the ground would snap back together. Totally AWESOME. Another cool spell was Meteor Storm Bombardment. I would cast the spell and magic would travel up into the sky and then go into outer space to where there was a meteor storm. The magic would grab some of the meteors and pull them back to the planet. It would bring them raining down upon your foes. Again, truly inspired. I loved the graphics on that one. There are so many other spells to mention, but it was just too COOL.

Whenever I would get to a point that was really hard as a fighter or a mage though, I would talk to Annah, and become a thief again. I could go invisible with my stealth option and backstab the hell out of stuff. Then I could run away (with a dex of 25 this wasn't too hard at all) and then go inviso again and then backstab some more. I went down into the pit under the Lower Ward with just him alone and took it out. I tried with other party members, but they just kept getting killed. Another benefit to this was if I died down there (which rarely happened), I would just get back up again by the entrance. Just too COOL.

I like this game so much that I have shelved BGII for awhile while I replay it. I understand that there are multiple endings to the game. I didn't know that the first time I played it, so I erased everything after I was done. I was kinda disappointed by how it ended when I played it. Anyways, not to belittle BGII or anything, but I just really liked it that I could advance as high as I wanted and that I could tailor my character how I wanted AS I played it. You can put points to your stats whenever you get a level up. By the time I reached 26th level mage (I could cast 9th level spells by then - several of them) I had most of the stats raised up over 18. Except for Charisma, but who cares about Charisma anyways. LOL
Old 01-06-2001, 06:59 AM   #14
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Sorry, I meant Constitution. You had to raise your constitution up to get a higher regeneration rate. I alternated between Dex and Con cause I wanted to get higher hitpoints and a faster attack rate. These were the only two stats that I raised to 25.
Old 01-08-2001, 06:26 AM   #15
mandrake

I managed to get all 3 flail heads but I don't seem to have the handle. Where do I get that? I managed to clean out the golem room by casting summining spells and lining up cretures in front of the golems. That gave me enough to time to grab the goodies and go. Wish I'd thought of using sanctuary though.

Old 01-08-2001, 07:37 AM   #16
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Mandrake, the first flail head you find has the handle attached to it already. So you're really just adding more heads to an existing flail.
Old 01-08-2001, 07:40 AM   #17
Tobbin
Red Dragon

That's so funny. I used a Summon Fire Elemental and he got his but* whipped. What kinda characters did you summon. Wish I had had Gate, I hear demons pretty much tear up everything. Haven't found the da*n scroll yet though.