Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-12-2002, 04:32 PM   #11
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I live relatively near a coast too, and I live near the River Severn so we get some brisk winds too.
Oh yeah, the town, well, you won't recognise the town if I told you, it's very small, but I live near Bristol if that's any help.
Old 02-12-2002, 04:42 PM   #12
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Bristol... Ahhh! *Slyly Pulls Out Atlas*

My Geography Is Terrible!
Old 02-12-2002, 05:03 PM   #13
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
Ah.. that's a point, I'm quite a bit further south than you, but position isn't everything, cos I was fine wearing the same stuff in Nottingham, which is up North from me.

Yep not to cold here, but it seems to rain a lot. Oh wait, it does that everywhere in the UK.

Hope things have got better now Beaumanoir. If not here's a [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] from me to cheer you up. (This works much better face to face with people).
We\'ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.\"<br />Robert Wilensky <br /><br />\"Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?\" <br />Screaming Lord Sutch<br /><br />If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?
Old 02-12-2002, 05:04 PM   #14
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

[img]smile.gif[/img] Thanks! Hey! It Says Ure In Nottingham! Isn't That Near Talthyr In Bristol?
Old 02-12-2002, 05:23 PM   #15
Talthyr Malkaviel

Hmm, well it's a couple hours drive away if thats what you mean
Old 02-12-2002, 05:26 PM   #16
Lavindathar
Harper

quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
Left To Stand In The Cold For Half An Hour (Which I May Say Was Lavindathar's Fault)

Ah well, regarding that. He rang me up and gave me a time to tell Mum to get him picked up. I was doing great until, I forgot to tell Mum that Binky needed picking up! So when he was meant to be in the car on the way home, he was stood out in the NW of England cold with a windchill factor. Not that wussy 15 degrees in Aussie land, or that warmish 3 degrees you have in Bristol....LANCASHIRE COLD!!
Old 02-12-2002, 05:30 PM   #17
Talthyr Malkaviel

3 degrees isn't cold in Bristol, I'd say cold for us is closer to minus 1, and I've been out in just a t-shirt in minus 5 I think it was.
At least that's my opinion, loadsa people are wussies.

[ 02-12-2002: Message edited by: Talthyr Malkaviel ]

Old 02-12-2002, 05:39 PM   #18
Lavindathar
Harper

Hmmm, -5. I suppose we could class that as mild!
Old 02-12-2002, 05:45 PM   #19
Talthyr Malkaviel

I meant the coldest in the Bristol area, that doesn't include up snowdonia and such.
But enough of this, I think it's time to bash some australian weather...
Old 02-12-2002, 05:50 PM   #20
Lavindathar
Harper

Yeah, they think their good with this sun, sand , sea and surf motto....

It sucks, it really does. Try out our UK motto:

Rain, Rain, Snow, Rain.

Beat that. We've got the waves to go surfin, its just if you put a foot in the water, it either

i)freezes and snaps as soon as you put it down on the "beach"
ii)it turns a funny kind of green, and some mutant starts crawlin up your leg.

If only we had sand on our beaches...we just get pebbles.....and black sand....urgh.