Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2001, 10:08 AM   #1
Moni

Curious as to how many pets we all have, what types of pets they are and what we call them. Since I started the thread, I'll go first. I'll be back later in the day to meet the rest of your families!

Ten Cats: Bubba, Hillary, William, Maggie, Boo, Sweety Pie, Seven, Tiger, Mr. Snuggles, Captain Marmalade.

Three Dogs: Zip, Code, & Hercules.

Nine Fish: no names

Two Algae Eaters: Darrell & Darrell

Moni

Old 05-02-2001, 10:15 AM   #2
Draconia

10 cats?? WOW
I have a horse, Little. A mule, Cricket. 2 cats, Max and Mama cat. 2 dogs, Winchester and Wylie (I call him Whiney) and that is enough for me. And 3 kids, do they count?

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 05-02-2001, 10:20 AM   #3
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Draconia:
10 cats?? WOW
I have a horse, Little. A mule, Cricket. 2 cats, Max and Mama cat. 2 dogs, Winchester and Wylie (I call him Whiney) and that is enough for me. And 3 kids, do they count?

It must be great to have the room for all those pets, and you have a Cricket! I have an old dog, his name is Shaine & I call him whiney as well.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Heading for Cardiff
Old 05-02-2001, 10:22 AM   #4
Absynthe

YAY! somebody has more cats than me!!!! I don't feel so weird now...
Nine cats for us, Widget, Butch, Gypsy, Incubus, Karma, Mugsy, Casper, Simba, and T.C.
Every one was a stray. (we're such suckers, and they know it)

Old 05-02-2001, 10:24 AM   #5
Moiraine
Anubis

10 CATS !!! Wow !!!

I have only two of them, and I feel like I spend my whole week-end opening the doors for them to go in and out ...

They are named Crapote (old black lady) and Zebulon aka. Zeb (young very mischievous fluffy rogue). They don't get along very well, alas.

Hence, no bird, no fish - no 'cat food' kind of pet !

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 05-02-2001, 10:26 AM   #6
Charlie
Lord Ao

We used to have nine cats (or at least the girl I was with did.) Two of them (sisters) had (I think) cerebal palsy. Incapacitated but mobile with a good pain free standard of living and they definitely ruled the roost.

Atm we got a Staffordshire bull terrier 15yrs old, pure white with one black eye called Shiner and a kitten called Whispa whose life is devoted to beating poor old very tolerant Shiner up every other minute. Staggering how tolerant and accepting the dog is.....a joy to watch the two of them together.

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 05-02-2001, 10:34 AM   #7
Draconia

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
It must be great to have the room for all those pets, and you have a Cricket! I have an old dog, his name is Shaine & I call him whiney as well.

One day I will get more acreage. We plan on having a horse or mule for each one of us. That would make 5 of them. Definitely need acres for that. What kind of a dog do you have? Wylie is a hound, red bone and another mix I can't remember at the moment. And he whines and whines. And bays and bays. Really annoying when you are trying to sleep.
Yes, I have a Cricket, a very big Cricket.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 05-02-2001, 10:43 AM   #8
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

10 cats?
Thats alot..
No room for pets now, though I have grown up with dogs by my side all my life and well, I´m dying to get a better job with more money/or more freetime or perhaps the oppurtunity to work from home so I can have on or two dogs..

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 05-02-2001, 10:57 AM   #9
Donut
Jack Burton

[/b][/QUOTE]
One day I will get more acreage. We plan on having a horse or mule for each one of us. That would make 5 of them. Definitely need acres for that. What kind of a dog do you have? Wylie is a hound, red bone and another mix I can't remember at the moment. And he whines and whines. And bays and bays. Really annoying when you are trying to sleep.
Yes, I have a Cricket, a very big Cricket.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Sorry Draconia, my comment was a cricket joke, I love to bait the aussies .

I had a dog which sadly died some years ago. Her name was Cindy and she was a cross between a golden labrador and a whippet (difficult to imagine but true). I live in a second floor flat now and having a dog isn't really an option I'm afraid. I would love a Weimarana, those things have such class.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Heading for Cardiff
Old 05-02-2001, 12:48 PM   #10
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

We have two labs named Beau (he's black) and Lady (a chocolate), one cat named
Kitty and three gold fish (that we got yesterday). I've been told what their
names are, but that hasn't registered yet. I also have a family of very un-invited rats that have moved in, three of which are no longer with us. I'm working on the rest. Anyone want any rats?

------------------
Sir Taliesin

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons
if you are crunchy and good with ketchup!