Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-23-2000, 08:25 PM   #21
Armisael

Viekang the Self-Nuking Rogue in the Trademeet inn?
Someone a while back suggested that it was somebody else's character - put into the game as a result of a competition or somesuch. Sounds about right. If you talk to him with an NPC (and don't bring your main character anywhere near him), you get the impression he's another Child of Bhaal (i.e. a character from BG1).

Old 11-23-2000, 10:46 PM   #22
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Just wondering, has anybody ever tried to kill him? I mean the guy in the inn of Trademeet.
Old 11-23-2000, 11:07 PM   #23
talon

Jerome, the only argument I could see about meeting the other children of Bhaal might be that the main character of BG and BG2 is the strongest of the children and that's why Irenicus chased him down.

On the other hand in BG3 it could turn out that the main character(created by the people at Interplay/Bioware/whoever) from the first two games finally does give into his darkside. Sort of Diablo2ish, I supose. He could attempt to ressurect the deity that is his father. Wouldn't it be interesting if Cyric actually tried to help the main character in BG3?

Anyway, that was just a thought. I'm way out of touch with my Forgotten Realm's knowledge, so I don't know how feasible any of this is.

Old 11-24-2000, 12:06 AM   #24
Jerome2k

Prehaps the children of bhaal are a sectitive bunch, many of them don't know of their heritage (ie. imoen) so irenicus only heard about you through your exploits in BG1? who knows? but i reckon their will be a BG3... there's no way they could leave it with an ending like that......is there?.......

but surley they dont want to miss out on all of our money.........

Old 11-24-2000, 05:34 AM   #25
BaatoRyan

What if they make it like Torment? I mean you start like shit... how about you killed your members in the process because you couldn't control what's inside of you? Or save Imoen again? Your alignment is neutral at first, and by the way you play, you can alter your alignment to the good and bad... speaking of Dragon Liches, I think that won't be out till BG4! If there ever was one!

Old 11-24-2000, 01:21 PM   #26
Joukahainen

Instead of creating another Baulder's Gate I would be happy if they just created a larger world with more items, quests, and npc's. Then maybe just kept coming out with new area expansions. That way you could just keep adding them to your present game world. Hey, I just added a 40 gig harddrive... laugh. Can always add more too... Grin.

Oh, btw, they could always make some quest a bit harder to solve. Less hack and slash more problem solving and dealing with the npc's.

Old 11-24-2000, 04:04 PM   #27
Kurtz

Continuing on for a third in the series. I think it could be good but I would say that it probably would be best if they either tone it down a bit or create a fresh plot. I don't want to imagine what kind of spells you would be able to cast. The game would start to transform into a game similar to the ridiculous final fantasy's with silly over the top fx, stupid amounts of damage caused and characters who don't need to fight any more because they've killed all the evil (or good)on the planet.
Wizards could just kill people by just blinking at them and fighters could chop people up into so many pieces they end up looking like tomato soup.
I must admit it would be great to watch but it just isn't Baldurs Gate you know that there always has to be someone better than you!

Old 11-24-2000, 04:06 PM   #28
winglesfiend

I hope you will become an extremely powerfull god(The new bhaal) and become to rule a certain peace of land
or something so you must protect your people from other gods and powerfull monsters.etc etc>
That would be cool wouldnt it?You seem unbeateble but there are still beings much more powerfull
then you so the fun never ends.If you choose evil you become the lord of murder just like your father
but if you choose good you will become the god of love,neutral the god of nature.I think this would
make the best rpg ever!

Old 11-24-2000, 09:18 PM   #29
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

There's quite a few interesting comments here. There's no doubt from the ending that there's going to be a sequal. Firstly they probably wouldn't need to have hugely stronger monsters. The dragons in Bg2 were very weak for dragons so they can power them up for a start and they could have allies or young dragons protecting them. As has been mentioned there are also no giants. Try fighting a dozen strength twenty two fire giants. You'll probably not level up very much in a sequel as you'll need so much experience, they won't need such a wide range of monsters in terms of levels. According to the story Bhaal spawned children as a way for him to return from the death. When all the children are killed he can return. Sarevok wanted to start a war so he could harness all the deaths and become the new lord of murder. Those cowled people are probably old worshipers of Bhaal and they are now worried that you are too strong to kill and will become the new lord of murder. The games so far have been about your character fighting his blood so to speak and not giving in to evil and that will no doubt continue. The Town criers in BG2 are always talking about some other war and rebellion going on and this could likely be followed up either in an expansion or a new game. Your character must choose whether to use this war to his advantage as Sarevok tried or stop the war and choose to live on as a mortal. Remember your divinity and power comes from an evil source so the good thing to do is not use that pwer and stay a mortal. You'd probably have Bhaal worshippers, other children of Bhaal and harpers all hunting you down. There could be worshippers of Cyric ironically trying to keep you alive, if all the children die Bhaal comes back and challenges Cyric. Better to have someone less powerful and evil ascend to godhood.
Old 11-24-2000, 09:31 PM   #30
omegadawn
Welcomed New User

Somebody oughta send a copy of the AD&D "Manual Of The Planes" to the game developers for the next one. There are 666 levels in the abyss alone!!! There is a wide realm of powerful opponents and interesting settings to fill 4 or 5 more cd's atleast. High level characters are made for Extra-dimensional adventuring.