Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 01-31-2007, 11:38 PM   #21
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Is it not going to be up tonight?
Old 02-01-2007, 12:23 AM   #22
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

It's up and running. I had it down to reset it, but that was only for a minute. I had some journal issues to work through, but they are all fixed. You must have hit it right when I pulled it down for the update.

Edit: Note to self; write all journal entries after the fact, and apply them where applicable. I've spent 4 hours trying to figure out why I couldn't get my OnDeath journal entry to overwrite the initial quest entry, only to end up re-writing the whole thing, which is what fixed it.

[ 02-01-2007, 12:28 AM: Message edited by: robertthebard ]
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:30 AM   #23
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I was on there for more than 2 hours yesterday, having a great time. Here's how it went down.

Spoiler Warning

I was surprised to see that upon dying and reentering the tombs, all the monsters AND treasure in chests were restored. This gave me the ability to earn more XP and more money.

I was sadly surprised when I got near the end of the tomb walk and ran into my second Zombie Lord, but this one was immune to my attacks! I had to run from him and go all the way back to town...forgetting that I had that map thing...and with all my money, buying a +1 longsword, the weapon of choice for my ranger/rogue/shadow dancer. I am not sure I want that character anymore. I may want to start taking levels in brute-fighter, but I'll think about it.

I got all the way to this one particular chest that held a greatsword, but since I was playing a ranger/thief, I knew that my agility was key, not strength...so I just packed the thing away in one of my two Bags of Holding (thank the gods that they are both a -100% bag). When I go down the stairs into the room which is the lair of the necromancer...I was shocked. There were SO MANY undead and I was so low level, I thought I stood no chance. But then I had an idea. I looked into my bag of holding at the Great Sword that I had gotten, remembering that it was one of few good items I had thus found that did not need to be ID'ed first. It was a Sword of Lathander, a Paladin-looking thing. It had magical abilities that I could not even use, but it was a special against undead. I thought...well...let's give her a try! I jumped in and began slaying those undead in such a horrific way, it would be rated R for extreme violence. I tore into them with such a wicked gleam in my eye, scattering their bodies everywhere and leaving green ichor in the wake of destruction. I was averaging 24HP per hit compared to my +1 longsword/guild dagger combo of 11HP/hit. It was such a thrill.

By the time I reached the lead bag guy, I was a Shadowdancer and could hide in plain sight. This kept me alive against his magic, because I ran from the battle twice just to rest and heal. I could not backstab for any good damage, which I missed, but I at least I ended his meager life, finally.

In other news, I had earlier been subjected to a trap that lowered my strength, and the thing would never go away until I had a priest lift the curse.

I also found a sneaky way where I could earn enough gold over a short amount of time to buy me some boots and a couple rings. I am afraid of telling you where it is because I don't want to lose it! Lol!
Old 02-01-2007, 12:26 PM   #24
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I'm glad you're enjoying it, Larry. I've added a simpler quest for low levels, as well as fixed the quest the commander gives you. His reward is going to be a bit better than it is right now, but I have 198 lines of code to debug to get it to work. So far...

PS: Some of those chests respawn so that all players have a chance to get the treasure within. Some of the items will be upgradeable, as soon as I make the upgraded versions, and add them to the forge. Doing it this way, I don't have to worry about resetting the module every day, or having it reset on empty. It's pretty close to persitent that way. The Road to the Grove, which happens to be what the Commander refers to as the East Road, has a massive update, as of today. I'll be working on stuff in the residential side of town, as well as laying a few more quests, or at least the groundwork for them.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:11 PM   #25
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

What's the deal with the storage facility in the Tavern where some thief guild members were hanging out...and I asked for a key to that door down there and he gave it to me and it led me to a temple-looking room, but there was nothing there to do.

I was trying to find the so-called cold-storage, which I have not yet found.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:29 PM   #26
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Cold storage is right behind the tavern, it looks like a hobbit house. That tasty room in there is going to be a subquest that you will be eligible for, since you got the key.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:43 PM   #27
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Ah...okay...I'll just keep my thief/ranger/shadow-dancer active then. I was sorta thinking about taking some thug points, but maybe I'll just take more Ranger points and raise some strength up. I had too much fun with that Great Sword last night.

BTW>>>HOLY CRAP! I never saw that link to evanescence.com before now! I LOVE this rockin' chick! I have not been so adamant about attending a concert since Metallica was touring with Suicidal Tendancies and Alice in Chains back in the day! There's just something about her voice in front of that guitar, man.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:18 PM   #28
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

They are Internationally known, but relatively new. They had a couple of songs on the Daredevil Movie/Soundtrack; Bring Me to Life, and My Immortal, the latter being one of my new favorite songs, despite my own Metallica bent.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:41 AM   #29
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Variables, integers, they are all the same, but not if you don't put them in the scripts that way they aren't...The commander is fixed, and there's a new quest related to that one in as well. I nerfed the archers a bit as well...
Old 02-05-2007, 12:53 AM   #30
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

First time I've loaded up the game since you saw me the other night. I notice that my journal is completely empty on to-do and completed tasks.

A bothersome thing was that when I was in that new town that links to the farm, I was in the Inn and I'd pick the locks of the doors and they would open, but while I was inside they would quickly close and relock, so I had to repick them to get out.

Thanks however for offering a thief something to find in those rooms.