Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 09-03-2001, 04:42 PM   #1
Thompson
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is it wise to ascend to, lets say barbarian for example as early as possible, or should you play the game a bit longer to gain levels etc. ???
Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2001, 04:58 PM   #2
jsalsb
Elminster

Everyone has there own "best strategies", but IMHO if you are coming from a non-spellcasting class, then switch as soon as you can to barbarian (or another fighting class such as ninja). Happy hacking!

Jon
jsalsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 08:21 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Fighter types can be changed to new role relatively early (level 5 or so). Magic users you should wait until they reach about level 14 and have learned the most important of the higher level spells.

There should be a good run down on this in the BEST TIPS thread.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 10:59 AM   #4
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

You can change early however, I would recommand waiting to level 6-7 even for fighters. If you're a magic user, don't change before you've acquired at least 1 level 7 spell in the realm you'll be loosing.

Spoiler
BTW: the best role to change into a barbarian early in the game is Wizard (after level 7 in stone magic and meteorstrom is learned. This will allow you gain tremendus HP... My wizards are usually changed to barbarian right after killing Rumphy (party of 3). When they leave the crypt, they're changed to warlocks but with over 80 HP.
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 10:44 PM   #5
Sharheim
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This is my 6 guys.

I did one elephant mage with stonemagic and one elephant mage with firemagic, and when they both had their first lvl 7 spell(Around lvl 11-12)i changed them into warlocks.

My ninja rat rougue had no other skill then traps and locks untill about lvl 12 then i trained bow on him - then at lvl 13 i turned him into a Ninja rat.

My main dwarf warrior (the one carrying Mavin)i turned into a Paladin at lvl 13
My main warriors sidekick is one of those lizzy things him i waited untill lvl 11 to turn into a Samurai.

My elephant priest waited untill lvl 13 to turn into a Warlock - basicly cause i wanned more offensive spells - I waited untill i got lvl 7's in both vine and spirit with him.

I havent had any problems with any monster ive fought so far.
Well ofcourse first time i met those mantraps a few guys had to go rest in the tavern for a while but other then that they have all done great.

Only 1 regret - i should have gone for stone with both my mages since firestorm is useless compared to meteor storm..
And there arent alot of monster that has good resist against stone.
Sharheim is offline   Reply With Quote