Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-06-2001, 04:41 AM   #41
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Keep us Posted, Yorick...or should I say Clive James??
Old 02-06-2001, 06:30 AM   #42
Stealth Bomber

Moiraine I was trying to translate 'frog's legs', but it is a long time since my school days. I always try all the local foods whenever I visit a foreign country as it is a good way of learning and experiencing their culture. I am sorry to say, Melusine, that I thought Dutch cuisine was boring and I much prefer French cheeses to Dutch, which are very rubbery and make excellent bouncy balls! Please don't hate me for it! However, I really enjoyed the floating restaurant in Amsterdam and most people visit Holland for it's other consumables!

I missed what your band or music is called, Yorick, so please can someone point me the right way or send an mp3 to mm666@hotmail.com. Thanks.

Old 02-06-2001, 06:52 AM   #43
Moiraine
Anubis

If you want me to send you some MP3 of Yorick's music,
I may be able to do that, but I have this little problem :
I can't send, either from home of from work, mails bigger than 4 megas,
so I can't send you most of Yorick's songs, unless I find a tool allowing to split MP3s.
(Zipping them is not useful, as MP3 is already a compressed format).
I downloaded one (MP3 TrackMaker), but it can't seem to have it work properly.
Anybody able to help me, please ?
Old 02-06-2001, 10:25 AM   #44
Moiraine
Anubis

OK, I made some progress since this morning : I downloaded the latest version of MP3 TrackMaker, and it works fine.
Now, anybody knows of a tool allowing to do the reverse work, e.g. to concatene small MP3s into a bigger one ?
Old 02-06-2001, 10:48 AM   #45
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hi Yorick, don´t suppose your heading this way in the world (gothenburg Sweden) but if you do or anyone else send me a mail and we can have a drink, I to prefer to use body language and eyecontact to a bluescreen and my typing isn´t that good either at times...
Old 02-06-2001, 10:55 AM   #46
Hellfire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yorick,this is got to be coolest experience to go through,when i joined the army i thought i would travel but alas the powers that be haven't seen to that yet[my luck it would be a war]be if you haven't guessed i used to be fighter thief[got bored with that] maybe next time your wanderlust will bring you to the states?good health and good travel
Old 02-06-2001, 11:12 AM   #47
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Yorick,

Good luck and have a great trip! Do you know where you are going in Europe yet, or are you just "winging" it?

Moiraine,

Have you considered putting the files on Napster. I know this would require you to be logged on so we could download them, but once a couple of us have them they would be more accessable. If you do consider this and have already or will put them on napster, post your user name so we can search for that (just a thought!)
Old 02-06-2001, 11:22 AM   #48
Moiraine
Anubis

Moridin,

I will NOT post Yorick's songs on Napster without his authorization. There had been long ago a thread about Napster, and the discussion had turned quite hot.
Don't worry, I'll finally manage. I am a VERY stubborn person !
Old 02-06-2001, 11:54 AM   #49
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Sorry Moiraine (and Yorick),
I missed the whole Napster discussion, but you are right, Yorick should give the permission to post or not post on Napster!
I was only suggesting that since he has given permission to 'email' his songs it may be easier the Napster way. Sorry I will leave this topic alone now

Yorick,
Do you have any CD's available?
Old 02-06-2001, 01:25 PM   #50
Moiraine
Anubis

I meant, I know I can pick your mail addresses from your profiles, but as I can't send Yorick songs to too many of you, please ask.

Draconia, you are next on my list, tomorrow, as soon as Stealth Bomber tells me that he could get and put back in one piece the song I sent him.