Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2002, 06:27 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Just curious. I've been keeping up with it every week. Have a lot of opinions on it, but won't post any right now, will wait and see if anyone here is watching it as well. So who's watching it? Anyone?

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 11:42 PM   #2
Moni

I've seen it when the television got left on that channel with the sound up LOL.
I think it was rigged from the beginning and that foofy haired kid has it in the bag. I would bet that this is just a stunt pulled off by one managing company to get him more publicity and showcase other people with talent hoping that they can get work. Not to be negative about it or anything LOL [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2002, 11:22 AM   #3
Rokenn
Galvatron

I've been watching it for the last few weeks. The only reason I have been watching it is that my gf likes it [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I really hope that carrot-top does not win. He is way too annoying. Personally I am hoping that Tamyra or Kelly wins. They have been the best IMO [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2002, 02:03 PM   #4
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

horrible show, but the guy from new zealand rocks. i love when he tells people how much they suck, because i completely agree with him. i may not be able to sing myself (aside from metal) but i know crap when i hear it. there are too many boy bands and the like hopping around on stage, we dont need to encourage any more. 15 year old girls have enough to worry about, and now they need to decide who they "love" in boy bands. psh, worthless droning if you ask me. they are creating an army of zombie like wimps.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 02:54 PM   #5
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Rokenn:
I've been watching it for the last few weeks. The only reason I have been watching it is that my gf likes it [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I really hope that carrot-top does not win. He is way too annoying. Personally I am hoping that Tamyra or Kelly wins. They have been the best IMO [img]smile.gif[/img]
Is Kelly the girl from Texas or did they give that one the boot already? I thought she was good. I'll have to watch it again. [img]smile.gif[/img] Tuesdays on Fox right?
Old 08-22-2002, 09:22 AM   #6
AndyG
Elminster

I don't watch the show, except for a few minutes here and there.

Everybody complains about the nasty judge, the guy with the English accent. My question is, what are the other two judges doing on the show? What's the point of saying after every performance "Oh that was good. I liked it."? That would be like having the Olympics and giving everybody tens for everything. What's the point?
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 06:05 PM   #7
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Well my take on the show is that I don't think it is rigged, per se, but people are voting hundreds of times for the person they like. I read on their message board lots of people saying they had called in 200 and 300 times to vote! Now on the news they are saying that people have been using their PCs to power dial and voting like crazy for one person and leaving others unable to get through. Which, of course, is bullshit. Should be ONE vote per household to make it fair.

As for the judges I don't even know why they are there giving opinions when it is the public who does the voting?

I do like the show, original idea, but when they voted off Christina and kept boy band RJ I was pissed, does anyone know talent when they hear it? Now they have voted off Tamyra, yet another excellent singer. Only good singer left now is Kelly, guess that means she'll be next to get the boot. And WHY oh WHY is Nikki still there????? Her last performance was shrill! As for Sideshow Bob, I really did like him in the beginning, was my favorite actually, but as time has gone by, he seems now more like a mediocre lounge singer LOL.

Moni - Yes it comes on Tuesday nights for an hour for everyone to sing, then for a half hour on Wednesdays when they vote another one off. You should check it out, even though I understand if you feel you are too late in the game to really get into it now. I hope they rerun the very first shows, as they were hilarious, all the absolutely horrible singers were on those shows, hysterical!!

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 04:00 AM   #8
Moni

I did actually catch most of the first two! I have my PC in my bedroom and the TV in my TV room and there is huge (no-door) doorway in between the two...when something gets my attention (like some of those horrible singers lol) I can just swing around in my chair and watch. I have missed them in recent weeks because of the TV being off or on another channel...I've missed "That 70's Show" too dernit! Time for some fresh Post-It notes on my moniter LOL. Thanks Ladyzekke!
Old 08-31-2002, 08:14 PM   #9
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
I've seen it when the television got left on that channel with the sound up LOL.
I think it was rigged from the beginning and that foofy haired kid has it in the bag. I would bet that this is just a stunt pulled off by one managing company to get him more publicity and showcase other people with talent hoping that they can get work. Not to be negative about it or anything LOL [img]tongue.gif[/img]
OK What do I win for being right LOL?!
Yeah, I know at this point we've yet to see but just yesterday (or the day before, I think I slept all day yesterday lol) I saw on some TV entertainment show that the foofy haired kids mother and Samuel Jackson's wife are first cousins. I'm putting money on this one (and I think he sux lol..too pre-packaged if you know what I mean...a boy without the band so to speak)
Old 09-05-2002, 07:54 PM   #10
Moni

Wow! I was wrong!
Yay Kelly! Go Texas! er, wait a minute, TEXAS?
THIS THING WAS RIGGED!
[img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]