Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2002, 10:35 PM   #1
DraconisRex

This story contains minor spoiler information for people who have not finished the Spirit of the Wood Quest in Chapter 2.

The setting: The Spirit World (Chapter 2). I'm taking my elf (male) pure wizard through. Kill the dwarf. Kill all those annoying grigs, faries, will-o'-wisps that attack me.

So far, so good. Haven't taken any damage. Buff-up. Get to Spirit of the Wood. Cast Darkness on him so I can fix the problem without a mini-boss fight. Ahhhh... You can't solve the problem w/o violence. Okay. Back off. Save. Darkness spell disappears right after save...

Start again. Spirit won't fight. What's the problem? Reload. Same deal. Rest again. Sam again. Oh-oh, I've only quicksaved for the last two hours...

Right click on spirit... Little icon all the way on the bottom of his "rap" sheet: DARKNESS. What happened? Probably the saving messed up the timer or script on the Darkness spell.

Frantic thoughts... Cast Dispel Magic in the area.

Oh-oh, all buffs gone as I was too close... Die. Reload. Dispell magic from farther away... Plot proceeds as scripted. ::whew::

Suggestions:

1. Save before battle, not in the middle. [img]smile.gif[/img]
2. If something weird is happening, "look" at the monster (the look
command), there might be a solution to your problem right in front
of your nose.
3. Don't get lackadasical in your saving. I got lucky.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 02:24 AM   #2
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

I found another little bug with the Spirit of the Wood. I defeated him, (and knowing I would be teleported away as soon as I healed him) I broke conversation to loot the altar. Well, I couldn't heal him afterwards, even though the antidote was in my inventory. I dropped it on the ground, picked it up again and was able to heal the white stag. La tee da, happily ever after...
Old 07-31-2002, 04:59 PM   #3
DraconisRex

I'm glad you were able to fix your problem. The Spirit of the Wood seems to be one of the buggier encounters. I've had other troubles, for instance the dialog not matching item locations. There being a difference between NE and NW!!! Ugh!
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote