Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 06-17-2000, 12:09 AM   #1
Azreall

Hi allo'ya.

I never heard Imoen saying anything about being in love with my character, in fact I never heard her saying anything at all (except for that irritating " I'm gone ", " I done had enough for it"). Imoen is my number 2 on the "the most irritating BG characters" list, the #1 is Tiax... You'll probbarly understand why

I have Khalid and Jaheira in my party, and Jaheira is always pissed at Khalid for some reason.
I also have Minsc and Dynaheir in my party. Dynaheir keeps saying that Boo stinks and that he's unclean, and Minsc reacts with some soppy dialog about the bound he has with Boo.
It's all pretty funny, but not for 40 times, or when you are rearanging your inventory.
I hope this will change in BG II.

BTW. at the end of BG I you'll see the credits, and hear the COOL BG theme.
But after I istalled BG:TotSC you'll hear some Thiax-beat-song (of all the nice characters they choose him ), and some Amnish gaurd song. I heard there where more of these NPC-Themes. does annyone know where you can get them ???
Old 06-17-2000, 12:14 AM   #2
Adhrael

Azreall- Jaheira and Khalid are MARRIED.
One irritating char is Viconia, havenŽt tried it ? It says senseless things as NamnŽNatta or ArŽKhalesh. I think sheŽs a sucking drow from hell, exactly like "DoŽUrden the 12000 xp". If you want to avoid them to reply very time, there is an option in gameplay, you can shut them up or make them reply from time to time.
I now nothing about the songs, sorry.
TheyŽve told me that in Wizards of the Coast page there is info about AD&D, but I still havenŽt tried it. I remember this page cause I played Magic (not now), but IŽll have to take a look at it again.
Old 06-17-2000, 05:39 AM   #3
Moggl

Lately, the subject has come up about the 'human factor' where npcs are concerned.
Welllllllllll......
According to BioWare, you'll be able to have affairs with npcs in BG II. The question has been asked whether or not Imoen is in love with the (supposedly male) main character, and I think from the story outline and her biography, she is meant to be your sandbox darling. Also, Safana usually chats up another male character when Imoen is in your party. (She'll talk a lot less, in general.)
From my experience, Safana is all out for Ajantis who in turn calls her a charming young lady, given you avoid the 'cave trouble'.
Old 06-17-2000, 10:12 AM   #4
Adhrael

Well Moggl, about relations between npcs, I have Kagain and Edwin in my party and they are always arguing. Why ? Also, I noticed that some characters like others. e.g. Branwen and Jaheira are always saying that the other is almost perfect, and Shar-Teel does the same with Viconia (I think, IŽm not sure).
Old 06-17-2000, 10:32 AM   #5
Opus

But would you respect her in the morning and would she still stay with the party if you broke up??
Old 06-30-2000, 10:21 AM   #6
Moggl

Update....

Eldoth will relentlessly ask Viconia out for dinner (which leaves her utterly flattered (flattened???)), and she will sometimes order him to get her some food - even when Skie is in your party.
Viconia will always be friendly towards Shar-Teel, who replies to V. that flattery will get her nowhere.
Shar-Teel in her turn will verbally abuse Xzar, who will accept it as flattery - can be very amusing. (
Also, Dynaheir hates Faldorn's guts: she will swear at the girl, saying to stand away because it's hard to cast spells with that stench about. Need I say Dynaheir has lately been a candidate for funny accidents?

Azreall: Imoen never says anything, I was talking about the background information. In BG II - the things look at the moment - if you had an affair with someone and broke up, that character will probably leave the party.
Old 06-30-2000, 11:46 AM   #7
Azreall

I dont know viciona.
Another irritating NPC is Kivan. Why ? because the grose troath-sounds he makes : AAOOOOUUURGH !!!
It's sickening. I know about the options, but I like the other NPC's (Minsc, Dynaheir, Khalid and Jaheira), I dont want to miss their quotes : When a tree fall's in the forest, I KILL THE BASTERD THAT DONE THAT !!!

You play Magic ??? Groovy, so do I. I have a Green-Red Wurm deck.

Dynaheir sounds cute, it's a sort of french accent.
But Jaheira talks like she's been bitten in her lip by Boo.