Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2000, 06:57 PM   #21
Sylent

I know that this weapon is probably pretty crap compared with what you guys are all talking about, but I found it very useful throughout the early stages of the game...
it is the staffspear, which has a damage of 1d8+3 (or maybe is it +2 )
I got this of Xan, or whatever, I will soon find a better weapon, but this is working fine at the moment...

Old 12-21-2000, 07:38 PM   #22
Azred
Drow Priestess

There is a +3 scimitar, Water's Edge, in the game but I've never found it. Must be a random item. Anyone out there found it so far?
Old 12-21-2000, 08:52 PM   #23
Armisael

I think the water's edge +3 is just a carry-over from BG. Never found it in the game.

Old 12-21-2000, 11:06 PM   #24
Saithana

The Staff-Spear is good because it uses the STaff profiecency. I gave it to Aerie.

Old 12-22-2000, 12:00 AM   #25
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

If I ever play a bard in any BG game I use Halberds.
Old 12-22-2000, 12:12 AM   #26
Moiraine
Anubis

T'was not my Bard with a Halberd, you silly, but my husband's rockabilly fighter of the hell !
He poked the big thing to death during a good 15 mn, having no Halberd skill, while Valygar made his dryful comments "Waiting around, waiting around, it is just like in the army !"
Old 12-22-2000, 12:38 AM   #27
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

That's pretty funny, but seriously, all the Bards I've played I've equipped with a good longbow and a halberd. Most if not all NPC fighters have no proficiency in such a damaging weapon, yet the Bard can use Halberds (and not Two handed swords) so why not? Makes them a better fighter than the Thief. Pretty cool about the Golem, have to try that myself.
Old 12-22-2000, 03:10 AM   #28
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

spoiler location for the scimitar +3 waters edge.................
it is found in the drow city in chapter 5. can't remember if it was at house jaellat or at the lich tower. I definitely found it in the drow city somewhere. it's nothing spectacular.

am i the only one who finds the staff of the woodlands overrated?

if you want j to be an offensive tank, impaler is the way to go. if you want her to be a defensive tank belm +2 is the best thing because then she can carry a +4 shield. all these can be found before chap 6.
Old 12-22-2000, 03:43 AM   #29
Moiraine
Anubis

I have two other fighters who close with monsters, so Jaheira uses her Sling +2 with Bullets +2 most of the time,
which makes a +4 weapon, so I never get the "My weapon has no effect !" anymore.
Meanwhile, I have just found a Sling +3, so I am happy !
Old 12-22-2000, 04:13 AM   #30
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hmm, well I use Jaheira as a support tank
Wielding the +2 Scimitar from the Genies in Trademeet and the sling +3 Dragonsbane, and the fortress shield. She can give distance support, anoy mages with insectplague, summon insects and also take care of herself pretty good in a melee.

These weapon combos are good strategy ideas. I +m fond of dualwielding, however there are sooooo many good 2h swords in this game for once so ités hard to get to grandmastery.. ;-(