Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-31-2002, 02:40 AM   #1
kilnobd
Welcomed New User

Anyone know anywhere i can download it from? I haven't been able to buy it anywhere and im sure its downloadable somehow. Curious to go back and make a party then import them here. And yes i purchased this game and would be glad to pay for more in this series. Good job Sirtech. Anyway, im a major fan of these styles of RPG and have finished most of the MM series and bought that crappy game Wizards and Warriors but learned that the programmers all quit without releasing patches for newer video cards. Sorry to ramble, but i would really like to play wizardry 7.
Old 01-31-2002, 04:21 AM   #2
Jem
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by kilnobd:
Anyone know anywhere i can download it from?

I have no idea where you can download it but you should be able to pick up a copy of the Wizardry Archives on ebay for a decent price. It has Wiz 1-7 on it as well as Wizardry Gold (7 remade for Windows instead of DOS). You also might be able to find some copies of it in the bargain bins at Best Buy and other stores of those types.

And if you are going to go back and play Wiz 7 in order to import to 8, why not go back to 6 and import to 7? The party I just finished Wiz 8 with I started in Wiz 6 about ten years ago and I think they deserved their reward.

Not that the other Wiz games aren't good -- it's just you couldn't import characters from one game to another until 6 to 7. And going back to a game that uses EGA graphics makes you appreciate all the more what we've got now.
Old 01-31-2002, 04:48 AM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hey kilnobd - just to let you know, the mere mention of that word (download) gets stamped on pretty heavily on all the boards of this forum. It is NOT encouraged hereabouts. Glad to hear that you're willing to purchase Wiz 7 - sure you will get plenty of pointers in the right direction on that score. Suggest you edit and remove the reference pronto.
Old 01-31-2002, 05:58 AM   #4
u_u
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Not many stores have the Wiz Archives anymore, but here's one place that's supposed to have it still...
http://www.softwareoutlet.com/shop/i...&ItemID=IT2539
Old 01-31-2002, 06:42 AM   #5
skywalker
Banned User

Not that this helps much now, but years ago Computer Games magazine had the full game of Wizardry VII on CD No.73. Maybe they might still have a few disks hanging around.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 07:40 AM   #6
Nydlari
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Jem:
And if you are going to go back and play Wiz 7 in order to import to 8, why not go back to 6 and import to 7? The party I just finished Wiz 8 with I started in Wiz 6 about ten years ago and I think they deserved their reward.

Has anyone been able to get 6 to run under Win2000? While I was waiting for Wiz 8 to arrive, I dug out my old Wiz Archive CD and tried to install 6 & 7 to play them through, but the only game on the CD I could get to work was Gold (Which is a kinda annoying version of 7).

I tried the standard install of mo-slow and everything suggested in the install booklet, but nothing seemed to work.
Nydlari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 06:52 PM   #7
GenXCub
Drow Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Nydlari:

Has anyone been able to get 6 to run under Win2000? While I was waiting for Wiz 8 to arrive, I dug out my old Wiz Archive CD and tried to install 6 & 7 to play them through, but the only game on the CD I could get to work was Gold (Which is a kinda annoying version of 7).
I tried the standard install of mo-slow and everything suggested in the install booklet, but nothing seemed to work.

I run Wiz 6 on Win ME, but I do that with a boot disk, just create one on your own, or have ME do it in the control panel, then choose "minimal boot" when you reboot the machine. Everything works fine. though the MoSlo can make it run slower than you'd like... you can choose your running % by doing moslo bane.com -33 (for 33% speed... my 800MHz machine it likes to do 12% and that's too slow)

(edit: I forgot, you're on Win2K, so I'm not sure about a boot disk, since it's NTFS... But, you could always get a copy of Windows 98 and do a Dual Boot... it's not that tough to do, and if you have the Hard Disk space, should actually be useful)

Also for people wanting to buy the archives, go to Ebay. They're always on there... and if you can't find someone auctioning it, look at the Ebay Seller "Bubbastores" he has his own ebay store out of Philly and he sells copies of it from there for $14 (plus shipping). More than bargain bin stuff, but I haven't been able to see it anywhere else.

And yeah, if you get it and you're running ME, Win2k or XP, you'll have to do the boot disk thing to run Wiz 1-7 (gold works okay on Windows but it's annoying, I'd rather do Wiz 7 on Dos... Maybe I'll get another PC to put 98 on.

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: GenXCub ]

Old 02-01-2002, 02:15 AM   #8
chimera99
The Magister

"Maybe I'll get another PC to put 98 on."

Why buy a new PC? Buy a 20 gig HD and a promise board and then just change your boot disk at startup. A whole lot cheaper.
chimera99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 08:27 AM   #9
skywalker
Banned User

quote:
Originally posted by kilnobd:
Anyone know anywhere i can download it from? I haven't been able to buy it anywhere and im sure its downloadable somehow. Curious to go back and make a party then import them here. And yes i purchased this game and would be glad to pay for more in this series. Good job Sirtech. Anyway, im a major fan of these styles of RPG and have finished most of the MM series and bought that crappy game Wizards and Warriors but learned that the programmers all quit without releasing patches for newer video cards. Sorry to ramble, but i would really like to play wizardry 7.

Hey Kilnobd!

Since I have been able to locate my original disks, I might be tempted to send the CD have from Computer Games magazine. So if I still want to play it, I can use my floppies. Send me an e-mail if you are interested. You pay postage!

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote