Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2000, 07:28 PM   #1
Firefox
Welcomed New User

Alright, help me out on this one please. After entering Dorn's Keep, killing the Myconids, and ridding the cavern of ettin, the proper procedure is to obtain the Razor(something) extract from the tiny cave and bring it to the abnoxious wizard guy (bedlam(?)). Now, if one were exploring for the first time, he/she may not know to give "bedlam guy" the potion, pronto. Instead, he/she may fight the drow, meet the umber hulk, retrive the +4 sword and open-hand symbol, and proceed to solve the dwarven circle puzzle. One small problem. After stepping on the proper squares (hammer and anvil, double axes, and linked rings, in that order) the stairs do not appear. The message of 11 clicks and a clatter in the table room appears, yes, but no stairs. Then, if you return to "bedlam guy" with the potion, he simply does not recognize that you have said potion, hence no way to receive the information about "lower dorn". Has anyone had this problem yet... any help is greatly appreciated.
Firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2000, 07:51 PM   #2
dragonslayer
Manshoon

The potion doesn't have anything todo with the continuing of the game. You have to do pull a trigger in the room with the Dwarven table, it's the hammer on the statue on the right sidde of the entrance to the stair room.
dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2000, 08:20 PM   #3
Firefox
Welcomed New User

Is the potion at all critical in the future? (eg. special weapons, plot contingencies, anythings) Thanks again!
Firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2000, 12:41 AM   #4
dragonslayer
Manshoon

The only different thing that happened when I did give him the potion was that I got some more Exp, which obviously isn't all that useful. There were no items or extra quests.
Old 09-25-2000, 04:50 PM   #5
Adhrael

Sorry but I´ve never retrieved the potion. Where can I find it ? And who is this drow with a +4 sword ??
Old 09-26-2000, 09:34 AM   #6
dragonslayer
Manshoon

I think Firefox means the Neo Orog Krilag with the Cairn Blade which is a +4 two-handed sword.
Old 09-26-2000, 09:34 AM   #7
dragonslayer
Manshoon

I believe Firefox means the Neo Orog Captain Krilag with the Cairn Blade which is a +4 two-handed sword.