Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-04-2001, 06:28 PM   #11
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Coming from a person in the US i agree with most of this. But in our defense in the Airplane crash insident it was just as much China's fault. Also they were seen trying to steel the clasified information and sensors on the plain whail they held it. Luckfully the crew erased all the info and destroyed all or most of the classified materials on the harddrives on the plane for just that case. Also what was with them not giving us back the piolets?? Or opoligizing for running into our plane according to the piolets there at fault just as much?

Many of us in the US do agree with the pollution issue. Also where did you hear about the satilights (sp)? I haven't heard about them at all. The case about the preziden't was like the best of two evils which one do you pick when neather are good?

Our public schools do suck at least the normal classes the AP or houner classes are extreamly harder. And three countries in Asia are China, Thyland, Vietnam, Japan?, and there are dosins of others.

------------------
Life and death are mearly shadows of the complexity of humans

[This message has been edited by Blade (edited 09-04-2001).]
Old 09-04-2001, 06:43 PM   #12
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

We Canadians just sit back and watch!
We have britain AND USA on our team!
our special attack is the BACON THROW!!!

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!
Official villain/demon of IW!

Old 09-04-2001, 10:03 PM   #13
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Golly gee whiz...another yank bashing thread...how novel.

------------------

The line between good and evil is razor sharp. Be careful of misteps,
lest you find yourself spitted upon your own blade.
Old 09-04-2001, 10:05 PM   #14
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

I have an ingenious idea!!! Lets start a thread like this about each of the other countries represented on this board!

------------------

Proud new member of LH!

[This message has been edited by Liliara (edited 09-04-2001).]
Old 09-04-2001, 10:11 PM   #15
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

It is quite nice isn't it

Do not characterize the US on the idiocy of it's elected members! Most of us live our lives just like everyone else! Yes we have problems here in the US, but last I checked no other country in the world could be considered a 'Paradise'!

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
**Former proud member of the Laughing Hyenas**
Old 09-04-2001, 10:16 PM   #16
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Agreed Moridin many of the people i know don't agree with the prezident's anticks and indeed they are anticks.
Old 09-04-2001, 11:43 PM   #17
Rahnid
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Forgive me I'm new here. In my search for an answer to a BG2 question I find my self here in general discussion. I have to admit I'm a little taken aback by the views of American forien policy posted. I've served several years in the U.S. Armed Forces, and have had the privilege of traveling to many countries all over Europe and the rest of the world. In my experence and OPINION people, at the core, are just people. Whether German, English, American, African or whatever we all get up in the morning and go to school or work and want basically the same thing; the freedom to live our lives in happiness. Although our president is elected and is "supposed" to be the voice of the people, he is also human and subject to corruption, self justification, pride and stupidity. ( I didn't vote for Bush by the way!) When others view "America" from the outside please remember that we are a country made up of many cultures and races. Most of us here in the U.S. take great pride in our family geneology ( I, for example, am Russian and Irish.....wierd huh!) and view other countries with wonder and amazement. The voice of our government is not always the voice of its people. I for one am less than proud of what politicians can do in the name of the country in which I love and have served. But here, no matter where anyone is, we can share a common ground, FANTASY. So for now " Can we all just get along?" ........Anyway thats my 2 cents! ......Oh GREAT, I FORGOT MY BG2 QUESTION NOW!
Old 09-05-2001, 02:14 AM   #18
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
To continue a discussion from another thread, just what impression is the United States making on the world right now?
Lovers of blackened chewing gum on pavements.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 09-05-2001, 02:43 AM   #19
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade:
Coming from a person in the US i agree with most of this. But in our defense in the Airplane crash insident it was just as much China's fault.
What the hell was that plane doing there anyway? and record show that the american plane was send towards the chinese plane not the other way around

Quote:
Also they were seen trying to steel the clasified information and sensors on the plain whail they held it. Luckfully the crew erased all the info and destroyed all or most of the classified materials on the harddrives on the plane for just that case.

Well What the hell was a Spyplane doing in China? it's logical the chinese wanted to know what the americans were up to

Quote:
Also what was with them not giving us back the piolets?? Or opoligizing for running into our plane according to the piolets there at fault just as much?

As it was said before it was mainly the fault of the americans as the chinese were pretty much on a routine mission

------------------

OMG I have no Arms
Wait I don't have a body either
But i DO have a Desert Eagle

[This message has been edited by Rikard (edited 09-05-2001).]

Old 09-05-2001, 03:20 AM   #20
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Rahnid:
Forgive me I'm new here. In my search for an answer to a BG2 question I find my self here in general discussion. I have to admit I'm a little taken aback by the views of American forien policy posted. I've served several years in the U.S. Armed Forces, and have had the privilege of traveling to many countries all over Europe and the rest of the world. In my experence and OPINION people, at the core, are just people. Whether German, English, American, African or whatever we all get up in the morning and go to school or work and want basically the same thing; the freedom to live our lives in happiness. Although our president is elected and is "supposed" to be the voice of the people, he is also human and subject to corruption, self justification, pride and stupidity. ( I didn't vote for Bush by the way!) When others view "America" from the outside please remember that we are a country made up of many cultures and races. Most of us here in the U.S. take great pride in our family geneology ( I, for example, am Russian and Irish.....wierd huh!) and view other countries with wonder and amazement. The voice of our government is not always the voice of its people. I for one am less than proud of what politicians can do in the name of the country in which I love and have served. But here, no matter where anyone is, we can share a common ground, FANTASY. So for now " Can we all just get along?" ........Anyway thats my 2 cents! ......Oh GREAT, I FORGOT MY BG2 QUESTION NOW!
that is so very very true
people are just people. American as a people has many great qualities to contribute to the world as much as their government's faults. and remember, every government has flaws.
Rahnid said one thing is particularly insightful " ....(human) is subject to corruption, selfish, pride and stupidity"
we shoudl not judge people by their nation, neither do we the reverse.

as far as the plane crash goes, US government had crossed a line. and Chinese government exposed many of their foreign policies weakness...dah dah dah...

I am a chinese living in US, by the way, and I love the people here

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 09-05-2001).]