Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 01-08-2007, 12:37 PM   #1
NewbietoRPGs
Drow Warrior

Anyone know when this is scheduled to be released? Its been a couple years now since the last one right?
NewbietoRPGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:53 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>No release date has been set yet, but as of very recently, the title for the final book in the UK is Deathly Hallows. I say in the UK because we all know that book one in the UK was a little different than the US version (Philosopher vs. Sorcerer) so who knows what will happen until it happens for the title.

I've been keeping a watch for a release date, and will post here if somebody does not beat me to it. </font>
Old 01-08-2007, 04:10 PM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Funny you're talking about this. I just right now Finished Harry Potter 6.

So 7 is going to be the last one? I thought there were going to be 8...
Old 01-09-2007, 08:49 AM   #4
NewbietoRPGs
Drow Warrior

Pretty sure 7 will be the last. Rowling said 7 years of Hogwarts so 7 books..But, if Harry doesn't go back to school then who knows.

I did hear a rumor that the book may be released on 7/07/07.
Which would be quite fitting!

[ 01-09-2007, 08:50 AM: Message edited by: NewbietoRPGs ]
Old 01-09-2007, 10:29 AM   #5
Target
Red Dragon

Yes 7 books, in the UK there are 5 years up to first set of exams OWL (GCSE's) then another 2 for NEWTs (A-levels).
I guess in a few years if JK starts running out of money she could always do some more books, HP the university years or something...that's of course if Mr Potter does not die...

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 11:35 AM   #6
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Well I think at the end of book 6 there's tons of stuff that still need to happen to close up the series, and I'm not sure it can fit in one book and not feel rushed. Plus will Harry still have school?
Old 01-09-2007, 11:48 AM   #7
NewbietoRPGs
Drow Warrior

I totally agree with you there. If she does it all in one book it may end up having silly and illogical conclusions.
Besides, if she has as much fun as she says she does when writing them then why stop completely?
Old 01-09-2007, 01:14 PM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by NewbietoRPGs:
Pretty sure 7 will be the last. Rowling said 7 years of Hogwarts so 7 books..But, if Harry doesn't go back to school then who knows.

I did hear a rumor that the book may be released on 7/07/07.
Which would be quite fitting!
<font color=skyblue>It was more than a rumor, that was what the publishers were begging her to push for, but she mentioned on her website that she will not be pushed, and it will get done when it gets done. She said she was in no hurry to push it out, because that would get sloppy and she wanted this done right. Therefore, the publisher was told such in so many words.</font>
Old 01-10-2007, 11:23 AM   #9
Target
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
Well I think at the end of book 6 there's tons of stuff that still need to happen to close up the series, and I'm not sure it can fit in one book and not feel rushed. Plus will Harry still have school?
I agree there is a lot to finish it correctly, but she does write huge books so it all might just fit in...of course it might make the movie version about 5 hours long!!

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:53 PM   #10
NewbietoRPGs
Drow Warrior

IMO the movies are getting farther and farther off of the books as of late. It seems as though they don't care as much about being accurate as they did in the first one.