Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2005, 05:28 PM   #1
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

This is the sign-up thread for Basilica Arcănum. Post your chars etc here please, not in the main thread.

[EDIT] could you please disable your signature for the game, thanks.

[ 01-25-2005, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: TheGodThatFailed ]
Old 01-25-2005, 09:28 AM   #2
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

ok, what would one do to set up a character, just name, background, and affiliation?
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:53 AM   #3
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Name, background, factions, gear,appearance things like that. There are no stats in this game.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:01 AM   #4
dplax
Jack Burton

Name: Calthak Hasnar

Description: He is a man whose presence commands respect. He has black hair and eyes of a matching color. He is a tall man, about 1 meter 90, and has a build more slender than the average. He has served the church by giving spiritual guidance to the knights of the Order of the White Willow since the age of 25. He is now 48 years old. The knights usually call him Father Hasnar or Reverend Hasnar.

Gear: he usually isn't a fighting man, but when it comes to combat he uses a warhammer, which he wields with two hands.
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:48 PM   #5
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Welcome, Dplax. just waiting for a few more players before we start.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:38 PM   #6
Blunderbuss
Zhentarim Guard

Right, after a slight delay, I am now ready to create my character.

Character name: Olňrin Blunderbuss

Faction: Priest Guild

General Description:

Olňrin has been a long time member of the Priest guild under the care of the Church. During this time, he has become a powerful mage and a powerful warrior.

He stands, approxiamately six feet tall and has the slender figure of an elf, though of human heritage. Long has his family served the Church, each of their chosen element. Logeorn Blunderbuss of Earth; his father, and himself; Olňrin Blunderbuss of the Flame.

His red tunic appears to be shrouded in flame when looked upon. Wings of a phoenix can be seen around his shoulders when fury takes him. Indeed, he has a close connection with the Phoenix. His tall, wizard hat, has two phoenix feathers upon it.

He fights with his staff. At seven feet long; it is longer than he is tall. On one end; an orb; through which powerful spells burst forth and through which he may use his skills of divination. The orb, being indestructable is also used in combat.
Blunderbuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 01:59 PM   #7
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

My character,

Mithrandir McTwitch

An elven warrior mage who's seen a bit too much of the front lines, he fled when his homelands were set upon, and like most resettled in Larone, where he was drafted, despite his oddities, after all he was strong enough to wield a sword, and had experience as a wielder of the words of power, also known as magic, or sorcery. He is orphaned, and has 4 siblings, 2 brothers, and 2 sisters, one of whom is dead, (she died alongside of his parents when it was sacked) In trying to aid them he was injured, which cost him his left ear and left him scarred, horizontally from his missing ear to his eye, which was partially damaged restricting his depth perception. Due to the experience his nervous tic activates when he sees borknagers, which also haunt him, not only in his waking moments, but also in sleep.

a brief list of his known quirks are:
Loss of Left Ear
Nervous Tic
Facial Scar
No Depth Perception
Agoraphobia (fear of open spaces and crowds)
Chronic Nightmares
Inappropriate Sense of Humor
Kleptomaniac
Psychotic Aversion to Borknagers
Racial Aversion: Gnome (if they exist)
Truthful
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 04:40 PM   #8
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Inquisitor Furomon

The mysterious figure that is the High Inquisitor Furomon has next to no social contacts. He lives by and for the tenets of his faith, and he is on a quest of his own to show the light of the church to everyone he meets, willingly or otherwise. Known by noone and feared by all who know of him, Furomon is sworn to ferret out traitors, heretics and criminals in the name of the holy church. He always dresses in heavy black robes and loose clothes to cover his tatoo-covered body. The tatoos are all either his faith doctrine, his own words of wisdom, or symbols of his church. Over his right hand the inscription is, for instance, "I shall never tire." and on the left is "Believe, or burn.". The large man also has long black hair, with strand of white here and there, depicting his age of over fifty. His piercing black eyes and hulking form make him intimidating for most, which helps in his interrogations and with commanding his inquisitor's detachment of most faithful men. He is a child of the church, born by a prostitute which died shortly after birth, raised by the priesthood and taught by the clergy. The church realises that Furomon is a blunt hammer of fear, but a sure way of solving any problem. They always wait untill the last possible moment before giving Furomon another decree of duty. When in a battle, he uses neither weapons nor armors, preferring his strong form to punch and kick the enemy into submission. He always carries a short metal rod, which can within moments become extremely hot at one end if Furomon wants it. The burning end carries the symbol of the church, and with it Furomon marks those he has not the time to deal with at a present moment, or those condemned to the dungeons.
Old 01-28-2005, 05:47 PM   #9
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Both are very interesting characters, and i think we could start the game. Any questions, PM me or Blunderbuss.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:30 PM   #10
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Name: Dupe
Faction: Mecrenary for Hire

Dupe was brought into the world a half ogre but through many misadventures has been reborn into the form a of a rather large dwarf, standing just under seven feet tall and almost as wide he is of a very solid frame. Cursed by the god's his skin looks akin stone and is just as strong. His bellowing war cry has been known to strike fear into the most stalwart of warriors. When in battle he uses an inormous spiked ball and chain that he uses to slaughter the masses. Once looked upon as leader of his people he is now shuned by them. When not in combat he is a quiet individual, and very methodical when it comes to doing daily matters, alost as if he is bit touched in the mind. He can be seen carrying on conversations with himself.

ooc: if that doesnt sound right, it's the drugs and I will revamp when I am no longer sick.