Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Old 02-03-2005, 12:46 PM   #21
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Legionaire

Legionaire was not asleep in his room. He stood at one end, staring at a very serpantile woman. She spouted her speech, but legionaire wasn't listening, he was in shock. The noise of Blunderbuss hammering on his door was welcoming to him, and he ripped it open, and threw blunderbuss inside, still staring at the woman.

"Go, find the others, tell them Naflgar has new ways of getting within the walls!"

Blunderbuss explained the situation to Legionaire, and he too, joined the race to gather everyone up. A long descussion lay ahead.

[ 02-03-2005, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: TheGodThatFailed ]
TheGodThatFailed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 09:47 AM   #22
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Mithrandir

After the battle, and being removed from it, the elf gradually came out of his shock, although his left eye was still twitching uncontrollably. He had failed again, just as he'd failed... them.

Tears welled up in his eyes as he practiced against a wooden dummy with his wooden practice sword. Next time, there will only be a 60% chance that I'll run away crying, or collapse in a heap. With his new resolve he brought his sword down and around in a vicious arc that hit the dummy hard, and broke it's arm off, as well sa cracking his own sword.

[ 02-04-2005, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 05:22 PM   #23
dplax
Jack Burton

Calthak Hasnar

Calthak woke with a start as someone or something hammered on his door. He quickly dressed and then picked up his warhammer and moved out into the corridor looking around to see whether he could spot the source of the knock on his door.
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 05:24 AM   #24
Blunderbuss
Zhentarim Guard

Olòrin Blunderbuss

Olòrin paced backwards and forwards; to and fro. The others sat at the great table. No-one spoke.

Suddenly the door burst forth and in entered Mithrandir. He strode swiftly to the table and seated himself beside Calthak.

"I am glad we are all now assembled. I must speak to you of a most urgent matter."

The others turned and payed close attention.

"The mighty warrior High Inquisitor Furomon has left this city; left to prove just that. To prove he is a mighty warrior. Without his strength, we will not be able to hold the enemy out for long, and by this time tomorrow, it will be they who sit here and no longer us.

"Furomon is powerful but, as it would seem, somewhat foolish. He has left in order to seek out the camping ground of the enemy, then to return and to lead an army upon them. This is a dream, a dream that could never become reality. The enemy has scouts and other 'friends'. He will be found out, trapped and killed. We must go after him."

The others appeared to be considering this in doubtful anxiety. Olòrin continued,

"We must get to him before morning else all will fall and we will certainly be killed. We will leave the army, we will leave Elaynnor and her cavalry. Indeed, only we shall go. The rest will remain lest we should not return.

"But it is not for me to decide, but for you. Should we go after High Inquisitor Furomon or remain here, and defend the city?"

[ 02-06-2005, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: Blunderbuss ]
Blunderbuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 10:01 AM   #25
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Mithrandir

"It's suicide to go out there, we'll all be tortured to death and most likely poured out of a soup pot to be fed to the dogs. Sure, I'm in."
The elf's eye squinted and blinked rapidly. He looked nervous, but resolved. "If he succeeds then we'll have a chance to turn the tide for the moment, if not, our loss will only speed the fall of the city by a few minutes."
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 10:16 AM   #26
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Dupe

"You pansy, grow a sack and fight like a man instead of a sniveling child. They have numbers yes, but there bones break easy enough, you just have to fight them. I will be more then happy to lend my weapon's to the cause, the price is right so I'm in."
Elif Godson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 01:22 PM   #27
dplax
Jack Burton

Calthak Hasnar

"We should go after him, yes. But we should not act too hastily. The Inquisitor left without much planning and we can not make the same mistake. Some of you here are men of action, but for the right actions to be done you need the right plan at times."

He stood up and surveyed the others around the table. He started walking around the table.

"The enemy showed earlier today that their strength lies in great numbers and not subtlety. We can defeat them with subtlety, we just need to find the right methods."

He arrived back at his own chair, and put his hands on the back of it.

"The Inquisitor, whom I greatly respect for what he has done for the church in rooting out the infidels, might have the right idea. A strike in the night at the heart of the enemy's camp, where they least expect it. Yet if the enemy has caught him, then us going looking for him is useless as he would surely be under heavy guard and the enemy would be alerted for the rest of the night."

Calthak sat back down on his chair.

"I think we need to discuss all this, before making too hasty a decision."

[ 02-07-2005, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]
Old 02-10-2005, 04:44 PM   #28
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Legionaire

Legionaire stood up this time.
"We must follow him. If we linger here, he WILL be killed, and that would be our faults. I'll not have that hanging over my head, any one else want to know they are responsible for the death of an important and respected man? He may be a fool, going out alone, but he is still important. Any other views?"

OOC: Sorry for the time it took me, i've been busy, and ill.
TheGodThatFailed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 02:29 PM   #29
dplax
Jack Burton

Calthak Hasnar

He looked at Legionaire and nodded.

"You are my superior in the Order of the White Willow and so I shall accept your decision. However I ask that it be noted that I had an objection."
Old 02-15-2005, 04:17 AM   #30
Blunderbuss
Zhentarim Guard

Olòrin Blunderbuss

"Then we are decided. We will go to Furomon's aid."

Olòrin turned and moved as if to leave through the great doors of the Church. Suddenly, he apparantly reconsidered and soun around.

"Before we go, we should all group into pairs. This way we will be more prepared in case of ambush. Once you have selected your companion, go to the stables, take your horse and leave the city. Do not got too far ahead for we must stay within sight of one another.

"Calthak, I would suggest we go together. Unless you think otherwise."

Blunderbuss is offline   Reply With Quote