Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-12-2007, 08:51 AM   #1
Target
Red Dragon

Question Mark Football – England – Who’s Next

Tomtom are withdrawing many of their units. Why? England can not be found in Europe!

So England thankfully sacked McClaren. It looks like Capello will be the man to replace him. I think that will be a good choice. My first choice would have been Wenger then Jose Mourinho. But Capello is a winner and that is what English football needs!!
Any one got any thoughts?

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!

Last edited by Target; 12-12-2007 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Can't spell!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:59 AM   #2
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Default Re: Football – England – Who’s Next

I couldn't see Wenger ever leaving Arsenal, especially with the position they are in at the moment (many very young, very talented players).

Mourinho I could possibly see, but it was unlikely.

The calls for Fat Sam and Shearer and the like was very worrying. We need someone who will say "look, you might be on £100k/week at your club but you're playing shit for country. You're out." Capello seems quite good, just reading an article which says:

Quote:
But, and England fans might regard this as no bad thing, the 61-year-old has not been afraid to upset egos and even ostracise some of the biggest names in football - ask David Beckham or Ronaldo.
And those saying "He should be English", well yeah he probably should. But the fact of the matter is there are no English managers/coaches who I'd want to take up the reigns as English coach, and I'm sure (touch wood) if Capello got the job he'd be pretty damn good!
Old 12-13-2007, 10:29 AM   #3
Target
Red Dragon

I know Wenger would never have taken the job, but it was a nice thought
I can't stand all those who say the manager must be English, surly it's better to go for the best available person. Capello will do a good job, he won't take any cr@p from the players and we might actually get a team picked on form rather than by name!
Or am I still dreaming!! ha ha

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:58 AM   #4
Thoran
Galvatron

I don't see anyone beating New England anytime soon...

oh wait...

nevermind.
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:41 AM   #5
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

*shoo's those who call it 'soccer' away*

Yeah, I agree. Someone who'll drop "world class players" who aren't living up to their names.

I just don't understand them. £10,000 a week would be an amazing wage, and they cry because they only get £100,000??? (Rio, Terry, etc.). And the fact they get to play for their country should be reason to flog their guts out and then some more on the pitch, but they play like they aren't bothered.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:35 PM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

Looks like England's style wil change into cattenaccio in the coming few years, i hear Fabio Capello is going for the England headcoach job. With hardly any English players in the Premiership, this was the most logical next move. Are there any Englishmen left in Britain, or do i need to learn a whole different language next time i pay a visit to your lovely foggy island?
Old 12-13-2007, 07:12 PM   #7
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Football wise there are loads still. Come see the Boro and we'll show you born and bred players.

Ok, that may be because no one else will come to us cos we're so crap but hey, we beat arsenal bring on derby county!!
Old 12-13-2007, 08:55 PM   #8
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Fabio Capello looks like to be the new England manager.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...490451&cc=4716

I was hoping Jose Mourinho would become the next England manager. Just look at what he has done to Chelsea and imagine what England will become. I can picture 80000 people at Wembley and millions worldwide would fall asleep at their seats.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 09:03 AM   #9
Thoran
Galvatron

Once I figure out Test Cricket I'm planning on looking into Premier League Football.

I've been working on the Cricket thing for a couple years - I dunno - it might be a while.
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 10:47 AM   #10
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Football is so much more interesting than cricket!