Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-14-2002, 04:59 PM   #1
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Recent speculation, as i was watching my recording of Dark Angel an hour ago, and thinking to myself, why is Logan so incredibly handsome? Then i came to the conclusion: Its the glasses! Those small little spectacles totaly do it for him. And then theres a friend of mine named Shawn, who has this kind of long whipped back hair (well he did, he cut it on thurday ), and that makes him look drop dead sexy! So, this is mostly for the IW women, what gives a guy, be it ur husband or boyfriend or guys in general, theyre good looks?
Old 04-14-2002, 05:05 PM   #2
Tiamat
Banned User

I see them with their skateboards, and their usually drugged up at my school. I can act stupid if I wanted to..... I sat with the popular kids in Crafts class...... they are BORING! They also didnt like ICP so its like *bye*

Im a GUY btw. I got some of them on my side it seems. A few answers there, a stick of gum here, and I got my own 'minions'.
Old 04-14-2002, 05:11 PM   #3
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiamat:
I see them with their skateboards, and their usually drugged up at my school. I can act stupid if I wanted to..... I sat with the popular kids in Crafts class...... they are BORING! They also didnt like ICP so its like *bye*

Im a GUY btw. I got some of them on my side it seems. A few answers there, a stick of gum here, and I got my own 'minions'.
Yes Tiamat we know ur male, however this is a question on looks, not popularity, which is why i said for the women, because unless a guy is talking about himself, a guy really shouldnt b posting on this thread, unless he expresses his confusion of course
Old 04-14-2002, 05:51 PM   #4
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Hmmm, Lady Blue. I'm kinda down on handsome men, my ex-husband was handsome. I like pretty eyes, good teeth, a strong build. I can't say that the stubble that seems so popular now does it for me. But, that's just for first impressions. The subsequent interactions are very important: listens well, seems interested in your doinngs, doesn't talk about himself too much, doesn't talk professional sportrs, at all.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 04-14-2002, 09:27 PM   #5
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well u could always b me that helps.... j/k [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2002, 09:31 PM   #6
Moni

Hmmm...I've known a variety of "handsome" men and they all looked different on the outside.
What I find attractive is a slender (strong but not necessarily muscular) build, long legs and kind eyes...good teeth are a must (lol Galadria) as is a sense of self worth (without it bleeding into arrogance or vanity)...evem men who are not what society deems as "handsome" can be so merely with a good sense of self worth...that is something that shines through from the inside and adds to the overall outer package...it just can't be helped. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Stubble pokes tender feminine skin and can cause break outs so men...shave...or keep it long enough to be soft. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2002, 09:52 PM   #7
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
quote:
Originally posted by Tiamat:

Yes Tiamat we know ur male, however this is a question on looks, not popularity, which is why i said for the women, because unless a guy is talking about himself, a guy really shouldnt b posting on this thread, unless he expresses his confusion of course[/QUOTE] ORRRR.... he is not interested in Females like most of us
Old 04-14-2002, 10:06 PM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hey Lady Blue! Interesting question! [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

Well, I like dark hair but then I've drooled on a blonde or two If you are just talking 'looks', then tall, dark and handsome covers some of it but if you are talking what makes a man attractive, overall, I'd say for me it has to include such things as sense of humor, reliability, romantic tendencies, integrity, having a sense of who he is and what he wants out of life, honesty, and of course gorgeous eyes and a smile that melts your heart don't hurt any!

As for facial hair, I can take it or leave it. My guy has a really nice soft beard at the moment and I rather like it.

edit...LOL just caught Galadria's 'professional sports' comment.. I'd ditto that! [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] But hey, if he'll put up with my chatter on a shopping spree or the latest shampoo fragrance I've found, I'll listen to him about his fav team or who won/lost the game!

[ 04-14-2002, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 04-14-2002, 10:24 PM   #9
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I agree with Cloudy, attractiveness is more than just looks, it's a whole package. Eyes are important though, I subscribe to the theory that pricks have little prick eyes. You know, kinda mean and squinty and unpleasant. Not all pricks have them, but everyone that does is a prick. Just part of my sorting system . Apart from that, I don't really have any criteria that someone has to fit to be good-looking, like blonde hair or a tan or something. I must say I'm not much on red hair, like really orange red, Shaun Pollock red. Though I do find Shaun Pollock attractive, I think it's his tallness and gracefulness that negates the hair . I do like tallness. I'm really short (5 foot and a tiny bit) so if a guy's shorter than me there's problems

I'm not fussed on the new brand of gorgeous that magazines seem to believe in. You know, long unkempt hair, really big mouth with really red, fleshy lips. Ew. Male models are odd looking I think

[ 04-14-2002, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: Aelia Jusa ]
Old 04-14-2002, 10:50 PM   #10
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LOL! Aelia, I tend to agree! Those models are often a bit odd looking but that's the 'sales' biz! [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

I don't think you can stress the 'sense of humor' and integrity part enough and what woman DOESN'T like a romantic fellow? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Now I'm curious ladies, do add to the height topic! Aelia and I have mentioned 'tall' or at least taller than us, but heheh.. that's NOT a tough one considering she's at the 5 ft mark and I'm 4'11! [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

How DO we IW ladies feel on the height issue? Is TALL sexier? Are you more likely to be attracted to a guy your own height? Taller? Are you considered average, tall or short?

My sweetie is 6'3" so I have to say I went for someone much taller than I am! LOL But that's usually the case. I wonder if that's some sort of 'primal' thing, you know? Woman wanting a big strong male protector? Anyone got a theory? Comments? Ideas? I've had a similar discussion on another board that started when a young lady wanted to know everyone's height and evolved into a discussion of relative heights of couples.

Cloudy