Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 02-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #1
Gavindale
The Magister

Default Problem with Upper Dorn's Deep

I need some help with the beginning of Upper Dorn's Deep. I am trying to access Bandoth's Tower (the room to the North East corner of the entrance to the dungeon. I can make it close to the entrance to the tower, but I can only get so far, before my characters get stuck and can't any closer. I admit, I had to look up a map for this dungeon, and apparently there is a path to the tower, but again I only get so far before I can't move any closer. Can anyone help me?
Gavindale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #2
Gavindale
The Magister

Default Re: Problem with Upper Dorn's Deep

The map I am looking at shows a walkway to the tower, but when I move my cursor there, apparently my characters can't walk there. What am I missing?
Gavindale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:04 PM   #3
Shadow Stranger

Near Infinty and Infinity Explorer can help out, as can the IESDP project.
In the IESDP resource, looking at
"Areas
BG1: TotS || BG2: ToB || IWD1: TotL || PST"
You find a link to IWD1: ToTL which happens to include the main IWD areas, among which is AR6014 Dorn's Deep - Bandoth's cave. Your problem lies in the area leading to this. (I have IWD1 but I have never installed or played it.)
Check the bcs script files for the area concerned.

There is a walkthrough available too:

Icewind Dale 1 Walkthrough
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #4
Azred
Drow Priestess

Ironworks Forum Re: Problem with Upper Dorn's Deep

There is a narrow path along the very northern edge of the map that leads over to Bandoth's Tower. At worst, you could enable the cheat console then CTRL+J someone there then have them walk back.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:00 AM   #5
Cantello
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Did you somehow manage to solve the problem? I have exactly the same issue now with my Complete IWD version from GOG and did not want to use cheats (although this hardly classifies as cheating in my book...).
Cantello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 02:50 PM   #6
Nalia De'Arnise
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just in case someone is playing the shiny Enhanced Edition and is searching frantically for the solution: when you enter the area, turn left and north. There's a very narrow and hard to see pathway that leads to right above the entrance; follow that path to reach the tower.
Hope this helps
Nalia De'Arnise is offline   Reply With Quote