Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2002, 12:53 AM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I just came home after 10 straight hours of partying. It's Denton Jazz and Arts Festival, my town's one huge contribution to culture. Over 100 bands, 12 stages, goes on for two days; we get somewhere around 150,000 people attending (and have never had an accident, mugging, or fight break out in 14 years!). Best of all, it's free! Free admission, free parking. Loads of fine arts, great food, Absolutely incredible music. I'm knackered, but am still vibing on the great time we had, and we're going back tomorrow as well.

My town knows how to throw a PARTY!!!! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Just had to share that with you.

Cheers, (and party on!)

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 04-28-2002, 01:13 AM   #2
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Good stuff Saz! Sounds like you had a heap of fun [img]smile.gif[/img]

My home town used to have something similar and I used to really enjoy it (It was on at the same time as the wine and food festival )
But dunno if they have one in Christchurch or not, so will have to wait and see.
Old 04-28-2002, 09:30 AM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
I just came home after 10 straight hours of partying. It's Denton Jazz and Arts Festival, my town's one huge contribution to culture. Over 100 bands, 12 stages, goes on for two days; we get somewhere around 150,000 people attending (and have never had an accident, mugging, or fight break out in 14 years!). Best of all, it's free! Free admission, free parking. Loads of fine arts, great food, Absolutely incredible music. I'm knackered, but am still vibing on the great time we had, and we're going back tomorrow as well.

My town knows how to throw a PARTY!!!! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Just had to share that with you.

Cheers, (and party on!)
the town where i was born also throws a party like that every year featuring the best jazz musicians in the world. It lasts for three days and afterwards everyone is flat broke and has a giant headache. It's call jazz in Duketown, maybe you've heard of this ? The Hague also has something like this every year, it's called north sea jazz festival and i believe it attracts more than one million people each year. That's one big ass party for you there. I'm not such a jazzman myself, but all the beerstands and happy people that surround you make up for that pretty well
Old 04-28-2002, 03:49 PM   #4
Epona
Zartan

Well I can't say I like Jazz Saz (oooh, I rhymed) but glad you enjoyed it!
Old 04-28-2002, 11:27 PM   #5
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Saz,

Sounds like fun! I definitely have to visit Texas one of these days, and being a former Jazz musician, I do love to hear it live!

Hmm, first with the Mardi Gras and now this, I tell you people, Sazerac is a wild party man!

I never would have guessed. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Have a drink for me while you're at it!!

Best

Scronan
Old 04-29-2002, 07:41 PM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LOL! Scronan, I'm inclined to agree with you! Our Sazzie's a wild and crazy guy!

Saz, sounds like you had a ton of fun! Glad to hear it!

Cloudy