Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2003, 10:17 AM   #11
daan
Silver Dragon

But as allways, remember:
Dragon breath or Comet = instant crispy demi-lich
Old 02-19-2003, 03:55 PM   #12
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I don't know about that Daan, some monsters like liches have defenses that are high against spells. It's best if you send in another sorcerer and maybe a cleric that can cast true sight, so he can't go invisible and your mage can cast Breach or Pierce Magic. Best tactic to use if you're a mage is a combo of Spell Trap, Spell Turning (Cloak of Mirroring), and Absolute Immunity to Abjuration (I think). This will protect you from status inflicting spells, offensive spells like finger of death and fireball, and Imprisonment. Well, that's my 2 cents.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 07:55 PM   #13
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

The most important thing to remember is that for the Demilich in Watcher's Keep, you do NOT need to send in your whole party against him. If you can make just 1 person immune to Imprisonment for a decent length of time (the spells Shield of the Archons and Spell Trap will protect you for about 5 seconds) and give that person a +4 or better weapon, the Demi is toast.

This Demilich is immune to insta-kills, as Vedran pointed out. The MoD+2 will indeed kill the dude, but only through sheer loss of hitpoints. (The MoD+1 strikes as a +3 weapon, the MoD+2 as a +5 weapon.)

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
Well, to tell you all the truth, as apposed to the lich, I have no idea what you're all talking about. I've even read about him in a walkthrough, saying that he has the Purifier, but I never found him.
I don't know what walkthough you're using, Gangrell, but whatever it is, throw it away.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:13 PM   #14
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

(Or some type of weapon, can't remember everything [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 06:57 AM   #15
The Ozzman
Zhentarim Guard

I put Minsc into his berserker rage and then sent him in to fight that Lich with the Runehammer in one hand and Crom Faeyr in the other. The Lich was dead in less than 10 seconds.
Old 02-20-2003, 09:48 AM   #16
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

You know... I really wish I can get confirmation on whether Minsc's Berserker Enrage really grants immunity to Imprisonment or not. I have been receiving so many conflicting opinions.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 10:57 AM   #17
Alson
Galvatron

No, it does not. Infinity Explorer credibility.
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 11:02 AM   #18
Jim
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Alson:
No, it does not. Infinity Explorer credibility.
I second this statement! I think I might be responsible for one of the conflicting opinions since I explained this when you were making the kangaxx slaying tips website [img]smile.gif[/img] (along with the Berserkers inability to re-enrage when recovering from the last one).
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 11:09 AM   #19
Alson
Galvatron

Two interesting trivia facts about the Berserker's Enrage 15 damage:

First, and this is quite well known and certainly annoying -- the damage is doubled when playing on Insane. Ever had Korgan commit suicide a second after you won an exhausting battle against Firkraag?!

Second, a very non-trivial fact -- the damage type is piercing. Yes, this means that Hardiness and/or Easthaven and/or Armor or Faith and/or Ascension's bonus will all help.
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 11:12 AM   #20
Jim
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Alson:
Two interesting trivia facts about the Berserker's Enrage 15 damage:

First, and this is quite well known and certainly annoying -- the damage is doubled when playing on Insane. Ever had Korgan commit suicide a second after you won an exhausting battle against Firkraag?!

Second, a very non-trivial fact -- the damage type is piercing. Yes, this means that Hardiness and/or Easthaven and/or Armor or Faith and/or Ascension's bonus will all help.
LOL! It's so dumb! I've noticed this in past games (namly with minsc, but I can relate to the berserker) [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-20-2003, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: Jim ]
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote