Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-08-2003, 02:46 PM   #21
WillowIX
Apophis

I would never buy American when it comes to cars. I prefer European. I love my Alfa. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1luvu.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2003, 03:03 PM   #22
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by NiceWorg:
Renault, Audi and BMW are my nominates for the best car brands. Sport & Luxury cars arenīt counted (just because I havenīt driven nor can afford any). [img]smile.gif[/img]

Toyota really has a good price/value -ratio. I drive a -92 corolla myself, and it hasnīt given up yet. But for japanese cars, the panels arenīt always durable.
Yes, Japanese cars are great for running forever, just so long as you don't mind broken window knobs, door locks, clocks, seats, handles, glove compartment drawers, and dash lights, as well as the ominous rattle of all your interior panels while idling at a stop light. The stereos are not so bad -- not nearly so bad as the CRAP stereos Ford uses. And, the interior design issues appear to be getting much better.

You can't find Renaults in the US, but I noticed that Buenos Aires is teaming with armies of Renault taxis.

Believe it or not, Range Rover owners I've known gripe a LOT. Apparently, the new breed of Range Rovers is not the same as the old big run-forever clunkers that everyone takes on safari.
Old 05-08-2003, 03:06 PM   #23
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
I would never buy American when it comes to cars. I prefer European. I love my Alfa. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1luvu.gif[/img]
A woman with a good taste in men - and in cars! That is most impressive - and scary!
So long !<br /><br />Rģ aka \"The Ramonster\"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine\'s \"permanent advocate\" ! - relaunched edition -
Old 05-08-2003, 03:10 PM   #24
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
My bro drives an alfa, his lease contract ends this year. When i asked him what new car he would get, he said: whatever happens, never an alfa again.
Old 05-08-2003, 03:29 PM   #25
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
My bro drives an alfa, his lease contract ends this year. When i asked him what new car he would get, he said: whatever happens, never an alfa again. [/QUOTE]Then he has the wrong model. I drive an Alfa Romeo GTV. Itīs fast and very very good looking, with extensive equipment options. The only downside is that there is only room for two in the car. Iīve had it for almost 3 years now and I am yet to encounter a problem. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ramon, I canīt take full credit wwhen it comes to my choice of car. The hubby had a say in it as well. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2003, 03:41 PM   #26
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

What to know what car i would love to have again...an Aries K model car, the last for ever,lol
we tested that theroy once, ran it with no oil for 6 months before it finally blew the motor, hey for $300 that was a great car
Old 05-08-2003, 04:18 PM   #27
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:

Ramon, I canīt take full credit wwhen it comes to my choice of car. The hubby had a say in it as well. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Well, I guess that only serves to reinforce my opinion on your taste in men then.
So long !<br /><br />Rģ aka \"The Ramonster\"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine\'s \"permanent advocate\" ! - relaunched edition -
Old 05-08-2003, 04:20 PM   #28
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
What to know what car i would love to have again...an Aries K model car, the last for ever,lol
we tested that theroy once, ran it with no oil for 6 months before it finally blew the motor, hey for $300 that was a great car
I had a friend who owned one of these. He had a song for it, that began like this:
(Tune of Ice, Ice, Baby (or Under Pressure ))
Rollin', in my point-four-oh,
Windows rolled down 'cause the air won't blow...

But, I digress.
Old 05-08-2003, 05:04 PM   #29
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Well, I've owned two toyotas. One was a 1989 Landcruiser (and I miss it dearily! [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] ). The other is '96 Camry with 96k on it. It's a peice of garbage! I've spent $700 dollars on it already and I could easily spent another $700 tomorrow! No more Toyotas for me unless it's another Cruiser. I plan on trading this hunk of junk Camry in on a Ford F-150 extra cab pick-up. We need lots of room, so my wife drives a Oldsmobile Silouette (3 kids). We really liked the Honda Odyssey, but they wanted both my testicles for one. I like my testicles, so we got the Olds instead. Been pretty good so far!

[ 05-08-2003, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: Sir Taliesin ]
Old 05-08-2003, 05:11 PM   #30
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

BOTH?? [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]
ROFLLAO