Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-28-2001, 08:11 AM   #1
daan
Silver Dragon

yes indeed, it is me again

i wanna get keldorn in my party, but i couldnt find him, so i went to the radiant hart-building where they gave me a quest ... i hope this quest'll lead me to keldorn.
But when i went to the bridge district , there wasnt a fallen paladin in sight, so i went on and did the murder-quest, hoping it would link me to the fallen-paladin-quest .. no L(

SO i have a couple of guestions now:

1. i got this "human hide", but its not finished, and i cant get ANyone to finish it, where do i do this?

2. i also have an "exotic elephant hide" , same a s question 1 further ..

3. Where the hell is keldorn / those fallen sneeky paladin-bastids
Old 08-28-2001, 08:51 AM   #2
HooC
The Magister

You can find Keldorn from the sewers.
Go to the temple (Temple of Helm if you are neutral, Temple of Talos if you are Evil and Temple of Lathander if you are goody-goody).
The High priest will give you a quest where you must do blah-blah things, You'll find it out (Don't want to spoil) anyway... Travel around the sewers (Stay away from the center if you don't like fighting that much) and you will Keldorn slaying a zombie. Should be easy to find
Old 08-28-2001, 08:54 AM   #3
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by daan:
yes indeed, it is me again

i wanna get keldorn in my party, but i couldnt find him, so i went to the radiant hart-building where they gave me a quest ... i hope this quest'll lead me to keldorn.
But when i went to the bridge district , there wasnt a fallen paladin in sight, so i went on and did the murder-quest, hoping it would link me to the fallen-paladin-quest .. no L(

SO i have a couple of guestions now:

1. i got this "human hide", but its not finished, and i cant get ANyone to finish it, where do i do this?

2. i also have an "exotic elephant hide" , same a s question 1 further ..

3. Where the hell is keldorn / those fallen sneeky paladin-bastids
Okay, I'll try and answer these as best I can...
SPOILERS:
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
1) The Human hide can only be finished by getting a certain ingedient for it's completion. There should have been a scroll in the blacksmith's lair that gave you a cryptic clue about speaking to somebody in the umar hills. If you want me to spoil you more and tell me what you need then ask away. Personally, I never bothered completing the filthy thing, as it can only be worn by evil aligned characters.

2) The elephant hide is used as a clue to expose the blacksmith. As far as I know, it has no other use whatsoever.

3) In order to find Keldorn, you must accept the quest to investigate the cult of the unseeing eye (go to the temple of helm in the temple district). Then decend into the sewers beneath the temple district and battle your way to the north east of the map, where you will find Keldorn. You don't have to complete the unseeing eye quest once he's in your party, and I wouldn't recommend attempting it until you have a little more power. As for the fallen Paladins, look in the open area on the top right if the bridege district map (this one had me going for a while too )

------------------
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."
Old 08-28-2001, 08:58 AM   #4
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

Oops, sorry HooC, posted over you there. I didn't realise that the temple at which you got the quest depended on your alignment. I played as a L/G Paladin, and was still given the quest by Helm's priest. Maybe it's the Lawful/Chaotic aspect of the alignment?

------------------
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."
Old 08-28-2001, 09:20 AM   #5
daan
Silver Dragon

thx !! i guess I'll start off playing right now ... oh, and i found a nice challenging fight
check my new topic, (it might not be challenging if you're character is high lvl)
Old 08-28-2001, 09:39 AM   #6
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

You are given the Unseen Eye quest by the Temple of Helm, unless your main character is a priest, then it's Lothander for good, Helm for neutral and Talos for evil. This is the priest stronghold quest.
Old 08-28-2001, 10:30 AM   #7
Kezardin
Elminster

Daan,

spoilers

the fallen paladins are in the open area to the south of the building where you met Lt Aegisfield. Easiest way to get there if you come in through the north west district entrance is to head south west along the wall and go through the alley between the wall and the end of the building. However going all the way around the building and coming up from the other way gives your party more room to manoevure.

Also, if you return to the tanners' basement later in the game you might find a visitor... or two

Kez
Old 08-28-2001, 07:11 PM   #8
oldbittercraig
Elminster

how much later?
Old 08-29-2001, 08:51 AM   #9
Kezardin
Elminster

Oldbittercraig,

I'd suggest at least a week or two, but I'm not sure of any set schedule. However, it seems that the longer you leave it, the more 'interesting' the encounter. In my last game I left it to just before the party headed off to spellhold.

Kez

P.S. (spoiler)
in that particular game the encounter was a bone golem. In the current game I only waited about a week and found a mere rune assassin.
Old 08-29-2001, 11:58 AM   #10
daan
Silver Dragon

GRRrrrr,
i misinterpreted "interesting" .. so there i am,I .. a monk, with nothing on but a panter-string, ready to deal out some HOT hot spanking with my +1/hand

.. .. ..

really, need i say more L(