Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-22-2003, 10:57 PM   #31
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

The guy put an email up. Just think how many flame mail and spam he must be getting...
Old 09-22-2003, 11:55 PM   #32
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I feel that it's too early to release such game/mod. wait till 20 or 30 years later then it will be okay.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:20 AM   #33
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Tancred:
You cannot use 'art' as a catch-all excuse to avoid moral responsibility!
if that was true then how would you explain the incredible attention gathered by the african portrait of Mary of Bethlahem made out of elephant dung?
Old 09-23-2003, 01:56 AM   #34
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Zero Alpha:
im still supprised at the major negative reaction when, get this the mod isn't even out yet. they havent even released a beta. im personlly goint to wait + try it before i condemn somones art.

here is the homepage:
http://www.kinematic.org/911.html

as you can see there is no download link on the site.
There was a demo availiable for downloading from that very site not too long ago (according to Edge), and if you care to read Edge magazine you will discover that they found out about this mod in a mod demo show last year in near completed form according to the developer himself. Perhaps they've been recieving bad feedback and are now modfying the mod?

I wouldn't be suprised.

[ 09-23-2003, 01:58 AM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]
Old 09-23-2003, 02:12 AM   #35
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

I don't think it's just a question of censorship it's also people's acceptance, as mentioned before it's two years after but it is still painfull for the relatives etc. and this mod isn't going to help them in anyway, it shouldn't be banned for the simple fact that it can't be, and i guess it's up to people to accept it and download it, personally i'm against it but what can i do to stop it.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:47 AM   #36
Tancred
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
quote:
if that was true then how would you explain the incredible attention gathered by the african portrait of Mary of Bethlahem made out of elephant dung? [/QUOTE]Do you know, I can't? If a person had made a statue of the virgin Mary out of elephant dung for no reason or simply because he or she was bored, that person would be a serious candidate for psychiatric help, because those are the actions of a madman. But because it is 'art', everybody seems to ignore the sheer insanity of it and defend it. I have no *idea* how people get away with this. I've always felt it was akin to pleading insanity in court.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:47 PM   #37
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Stratos:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
-snip-
Edge's description- "It's an Unreal Tournament 2003 mod, which traps players on random levels of the burning building and challenges them to escape. The catch? Sometimes there's no way out, and gamers have to decide whether to perish in the flames or throw themselves from the upper levels."
-snip-
The concept sounds a bit weird not to mention offensive. [/QUOTE]Yes exactly, without that part I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it, but that is just disgusting and a complete affront to the families of people that were trapped in trade center.
Old 09-24-2003, 02:08 AM   #38
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
quote:
if that was true then how would you explain the incredible attention gathered by the african portrait of Mary of Bethlahem made out of elephant dung? [/QUOTE]Do you know, I can't? If a person had made a statue of the virgin Mary out of elephant dung for no reason or simply because he or she was bored, that person would be a serious candidate for psychiatric help, because those are the actions of a madman. But because it is 'art', everybody seems to ignore the sheer insanity of it and defend it. I have no *idea* how people get away with this. I've always felt it was akin to pleading insanity in court. [/QUOTE]What is so insane with it? Over here, some people sculpt ice and even snow. What's so different about excrement? Sure, it's gross, but it's not very different than using mud...

[ 09-24-2003, 02:09 AM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 09-24-2003, 07:02 AM   #39
Tancred
White Dragon

[quote]Originally posted by Luvian:
Quote:
What is so insane with it? Over here, some people sculpt ice and even snow. What's so different about excrement? Sure, it's gross, but it's not very different than using mud...
There are a few things that strike me as odd about using excrement. I have to come to the conclusion that this wasn't really thought through... Quite apart from the fact that sculpting with elephant dung is a nauseating prospect at the best of times, elephant dung will biodegrade! So not only is it a filthy, vile job, in a few decades' time the whole thing will have crumbled apart anyway. If you're not making art to last, what's the bloody point?