Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2005, 03:19 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I heard Clark Howard say that this is the only website that is authentic when the states passed the law that every person was allowed a free copy of their credit report. You still have to pay for your credit score (your option to get it or not), and only some states allow for the asking of a credit file disclosure... but anyway, I wanted all of you to have access to this important information that belongs to you, despite what the three credit companies desire.

AnnualCreditReport

At this time, my area is unavailable (until September). I have no idea why it is taking so long to get implemented.

[ 06-10-2005, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 06-10-2005, 05:17 PM   #2
Lady Sedai
Banned User

Yeah, my mom told me to check out Howard's website and I ordered mine already. I was able to order the Equifax via automated phone prompt service, Transunion gave me theirs immediately online, but for some reason (that they refuse to disclose to me online because they "know how important my privacy is to me"...whatever), I have to request Experian's in writing via mail.

My mom then went online the same evening and got all of hers and we're about to get hubby's.

I lucked out in that it just became available in my "region" June 1st.
Lady Sedai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 06:42 PM   #3
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
At this time, my area is unavailable (until September). I have no idea why it is taking so long to get implemented.
I think when the law was passed they specified everyone west of the Mississippi could get theirs as of June 1, and east of the river starting in September. Probably just so the 3 companies didn't get hit with 1 massive flood of requests.

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 08:30 PM   #4
Lady Sedai
Banned User

Must be the other way 'round VulcanRider.

I'm east of the 'Sippi and my area is available as of June 1.

I'd have to recheck the site, but I also seem to remember (but may be remembering incorrectly) that they had the country divided into four sections and that every three months, another section was able to get their reports...

Edit...just checked. If you click the link in Larry's post, it goes right to a page which shows:

Western States: December 1, 2004
Midwest States: March 1, 2005
Southern States: June 1, 2005
Eastern States (& all US Territories): September 1, 2005

Pretty cool that they're finally making this a bit easier for those of us who want to keep an eye on our credit. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 06-10-2005, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: Lady Sedai ]
Lady Sedai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 11:01 PM   #5
Eagle eye
Elminster

Yay!.. Even this has no effect on me at all.
Eagle eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 12:14 AM   #6
Chewbacca
Zartan

It is great advice to watch out for dozens and dozens look-alike sites, some run by the credit bureaus, that try to get you to pay for what is free. You can call or get yours by mail as well.

Link to bankrate.com article

Excerpt:
Quote:
Fraudulent, deceptive and misspelled domains

An estimated 50 impostor domains are active and luring unsuspecting customers to questionable sites -- including to Experian, Equifax and TransUnion sites that charge for the very same service they are offering for free. In other words, while they run one Web site jointly that offers free reports, they're also running dozens of other sites -- often under different names, such as ConsumerInfo.com -- that charge for the same or additional services.