Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2005, 06:24 PM   #11
Lady Sedai
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Dalamar Stormcrow:
My cat, Spookie, died in October of last year, he was 23 years old. October 27, 2004.
Wow. Sorry to hear about that, but sounds like your Spookie had a great, long life. You must have taken great care of him for him to live so long. Curiosity question: was he a Siamese? They are one of the longest lived breeds, so I wondered...

My Siamese, Sam, lived to be 19+.
Lady Sedai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 07:47 PM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Dragonshadow, so sorry to hear this! I know how hard it is to lose one....have said goodbye to a few of my own over the years. May your good memories of her and all those years she was with you soon shine bright enough to make the sadness fade.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:55 PM   #13
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Sedai:
quote:
Originally posted by Dalamar Stormcrow:
My cat, Spookie, died in October of last year, he was 23 years old. October 27, 2004.
Wow. Sorry to hear about that, but sounds like your Spookie had a great, long life. You must have taken great care of him for him to live so long. Curiosity question: was he a Siamese? They are one of the longest lived breeds, so I wondered...

My Siamese, Sam, lived to be 19+.
[/QUOTE]He was a stray black cat my mom found. I have no clue what breed he was.
Dalamar Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 08:08 PM   #14
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

:huggles: i'm so sorry, ds. the shock is the hardest part. my tc was 17 when he passed, i stillg et weepy that time of year, and dex just passed last year, oh i miss them both. :cries with you:
Old 07-04-2005, 08:26 PM   #15
Jorath Calar
Harper

Sorry to hear that, I never had a cat... or a pet for that matter, but my grandma had one and he lived to be 10 years old, was killed after a fight with a stray cat, came home all bloody, his ear bitten of (and this was shortly after the Tyson/Holyfield fight [img]smile.gif[/img] ) he just lied down in his corner and died, of internal bleedings my grandma was told.

But he was a great cat, I still miss him sometimes
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 11:35 PM   #16
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yeah, Siamese live longer lives on average--dunno WHY, but these days, ALL cats are living longer lives due to diet and care.

When Choc passes, I have no idea how I will react. I am scared of how I'll be..

Dalamar Stormcrow, 23!?!!! WOW! Your cat also had a great long life!! That makes me feel better, hearing these older ages... Hope chocy lives at least that long . He is 11 or 12 this year...

[ 07-04-2005, 11:36 PM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 08:38 AM   #17
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Yeah, Siamese live longer lives on average--dunno WHY, but these days, ALL cats are living longer lives due to diet and care.

When Choc passes, I have no idea how I will react. I am scared of how I'll be..

Dalamar Stormcrow, 23!?!!! WOW! Your cat also had a great long life!! That makes me feel better, hearing these older ages... Hope chocy lives at least that long . He is 11 or 12 this year...
That's so true! The vet care and better foods are definitely helping cats live longer, healthier lives. I've never had one go beyond 13-14 yrs, but hearing of how other people's cats go as long as 23 (WOW!) is wonderful!

Z, I hope Choc makes it that long, too! He's a beautiful cat (and totally too smart for your own good! hehe). My Inga and Merlin are about 7 now and have been pretty healthy overall. Ooh, reminds me, they need to see the vet this summer for checkups!

Hey Dragonshadow, I hope you're doing ok. It's so sad and I know you're probably pretty broken up about it just now, but try and recall the good things about her when you can...it helps alot!
Old 07-06-2005, 07:14 AM   #18
Pangur Ban

My deepest sympathy goes to you.

My beloved cat is 14, and is losing weight very fast ( 1/6 of her bodyweight in the last 4 months )

I don't think she will be with me for much longer ...
Old 07-10-2005, 08:44 AM   #19
Bithron
Baaz Draconian

Sorry yo hear that, Dragonshadow...

Our cat's been gone 1 year now, but I still think of him sometimes... Dunno if his dead he just went missing....