Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-01-2004, 06:33 AM   #21
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Again, "WHO CARES"!
It seems like most of you posting here don't like her music anyway, so why care if she, or whoever makes an error. It's sad that so many people are entertained by others' failures instead of their successes. Maybe it's envy; maybe they're just low lifes'! ...and I appaud those of you how've never made a mistake... then again, maybe you've never even tried..

[ 11-01-2004, 07:11 AM: Message edited by: Variol (Farseer) Elmwood ]
Old 11-01-2004, 06:53 AM   #22
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

LOL! That was hillarious.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:31 AM   #23
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

you know variol, you really are taking this a little too seriously. i mean, i applaude your sincerity and all, but we're just some guys who like to see something funny accasionally. whetheer its someones mistake, like ashlee simpson's or someones success, like a comedians joke. its all funny, and we just like to enjoy ourselves. the world is full of humor, it comes in many forms, this is one of them.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:27 PM   #24
Sythe
Ra

When she started to dance I was like "WTF!?" Anything but a ho down, anything but that. But you know what she did it [img]tongue.gif[/img] . Blaming the band as Kakero said was really uncool. She should have at least blamed herself a little. Instead of dishing it all at the band.
Old 11-01-2004, 01:08 PM   #25
Beth
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Variol,

1. If YOU don't care, then why are you reading this thread?

2. The point is not that she failed. The point is that she tried to fool people. She made them think that she could sing well, therefore they bought her albums. She was given money for something that she obviously can't do. Then, when she was caught, instead of accepting responsibility, she tried to blame someone else (her band).

3. I CARE. In a time when a lot of musicians are STRUGGLING to make it - who really play their own instruments and write their own songs, she was given the shot simply because of who her sister is. As a musician myself, this is offensive to me.

I would certainly appreciate it if you wouldn't lump as all together as liking to "see people fail".

And no....it's not ALL lip-sync on TV these days...

[ 11-01-2004, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: Beth ]
Old 11-01-2004, 05:51 PM   #26
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

How many times a day do you think you get fooled? Ads do it to us all the time. So, it's ok as long as we don't know? Platinum Blonde got nailed with the same thing in concert. I figure, if you like them, who cares. We've been fooled by SNL for years, is that ok? Maybe they're the ones to be blamed. And I don't know what's in the thread 'til I read it. Then, depending on how I feel, I comment on it.
I can cut a record and sound good today. Blame the people that except the garbage music out there and buy it. They're the ones to blame!
And as far as riding coat tails; look at GW Bush.
Love y'all!!
Old 11-01-2004, 09:27 PM   #27
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Well for me Ashlee Simpson is not the only one I cannot stand. I just found it hilarious that she got caught. No doubt we all probably wonder who does and who does not. Brittany Spears and Madonna most of us I think know lip sync, but they also have shows where they are dancing etc. quite a lot. Ashlee Simpson has no dancing in her show, just stands there hopping a bit and singing. So in that way it makes the lip syncing even more cheaply done, if that makes sense.

Again, just myself, I don't like no-talents, many of them, so cannot help but laugh when one of these fame whores gets called out for the no-talent they are. You have to understand that I get these people shoved down my throat on TV and on the radio, so AM affected by it, and irritated by it.

Anyway, that is my opinion and it will not waver. It's got nothing to do with relishing someone else's downfalls, it is the principle of the thing. Some downfalls are deserved,, it is US in the general public that is having to deal with it all, and they are trying to profit from it. If I don't like it, I'm gonna voice it, we all have the right to have an opinion.

Ashlee Simpson sucks, she cannot sing. I'm sorry but I know many people, who are just regular people, not in "the business" who can sing better than her. There is a LOT of excellent talent out there, that gets ignored because only the rich ones who can afford it can get recognized, and that irritates the heck out of me.

Sad that it has come down to where people like Ashlee Simpson makes a CD and has her own reality show on MTV, and people like Paris hilton has her own reality show as well, along with lots of press coverage. It's all about money, not talent.

So once again, if one of these famewhores messes up and gets called out, I'll be there laughing my A$$ off, and hope that maybe someday it will happen even more, and maybe then after that somebody, somewhere, will realize that talent is something that is really what the public is looking for, and search out the real people with real talent. Man, there are zillions of people out there, from all different countries. For a producer or someone in "the business," it wouldn't be that hard to find, sheesh.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 01-09-2005, 09:05 PM   #28
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Here's another recent clip of her singing live (at the orange bowl or something) and got boo'ed. (Entire song, so a bit of a large file).

http://s13.yousendit.com/download.as...KN03LKZLHLUHKA

LOL, kinda cracked me up with the air humping and the moany-singing at the end. Pathetic LOL.. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

I know I may sound cruel, but you have to understand all my life I have heard bands that were so talented, excellent even, and never get any attention or press time, eventually they give up because they don't have the money to record their music and advertise it. It's just such a shame. So I kinda get irritated at talentless people who have the money to make CDs and just thrust themselves all over the place re TV and radio, they even are in commercials. So much air time, so much attention, yet where is the talent? OK fine, they might look good, but there are millions of girls and women on this earth that look good. This is the music industry though, musical talent should take precedent over looks. You know, with male bands looks seem to make no difference. Just a shame that T'nA rules all now. I mean you can T'nA all you want in movies and on TV, but sheesh why ruin the music industry? Blah, sorry LOL, rant over. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-09-2005, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 01-09-2005, 09:56 PM   #29
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Yup to funny at the orange bowl. She also said she has acid reflux and could not sing that night for SNL. Seems like she has a story for every angle.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:35 PM   #30
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Just here for a little applause to Wendy. (claps)
Now, metal bands, there's talent!