Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-14-2001, 03:51 PM   #71
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

John, didn't see your post at Mithril Hall so I can't comment on why it was deleted. I do know Lady Nightshade quite well and I know that her and the mods there are very fair people and do a very good job.

Keep in mind that Mithril Hall as well as Ironworks are privately owned forums and that the admins of these forums are entirely within their rights to determine what can and cannot be posted on their boards. The moderators, as part of their function to act as forum leaders selected by the admins, also have that right and members need to respect that - it's why they're moderators.

Finally, all this flaming and complaining about abortion does not belong in this thread anyway. If you want to create a topic on abortion, do so on a separate thread - and I or one of the other moderators will decided on it based on its merits - as we do with every other thread here. Please respect our decision, regardless of what that is.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 07-14-2001).]
Old 07-14-2001, 05:15 PM   #72
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks, Mems. I was just going to suggest that!

NOW back to our topic, Mithril Hall! Come check it out!

http://www.teambg.net/shazira/cgi-bin/YaBB.cgi

Cloudy/IceAngel

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 07-14-2001, 07:10 PM   #73
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Anduril:
I wouldnt say we run a VERY tight forum but we dont condone spamming if i catch anyone spamming or flaming over there ill kick there ass. (Im not saying anyone here would so dont get the wrong idea here)

Anduril, by "tight," I meant "well-moderated", not "tight-a**ed."

(misunderstood YET again )

Old 07-14-2001, 07:20 PM   #74
Lord Shield

Likewise. I am Fortuna_Freemanover at MH.

I only had posts edited because they were very naughty(me bad boy) but usuallyi got PM'd and I edited them myself ('ve been VERY bad boy)

Trick? Don't be BAD boy

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 07-14-2001, 08:48 PM   #75
Djinn Raffo
Ra

I still can't register over there.
I tried with a new user name (Djinn Saddad) and it said
at a spot near the top left: Registraion Successful.
But like Milamber said earlier I never got the chance
to enter a password. Just e-mail.
But then an error has occured. This is what it said:

Net::SMTP fatal error: unable to create Net::SMTP object localhost. at
(eval 2) line 3.

A Simple Mail Transfer Protocol error.
Old 07-14-2001, 09:26 PM   #76
Lady Nightshade
The Magister

Djinn Raffo I sent you your password
Ken just fixed the prb again - damned firewall
hopefully everyone should get thier pws now
Old 07-15-2001, 02:42 AM   #77
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Thank you Lady Nightshade!
It worked!
Old 07-15-2001, 10:34 AM   #78
Qrt
Dungeon Master

Good morning again gentlebeings (cough*) (* more pain-killers is being eaten *) Consider me grumpy right now (haven't had coffee yet). That might be safest. Hi I'm a mod at MH.

Grojlach: as was said 'at Mithril Hall we aim to please'. And we do. You should see the hidden backstage discussions going on there... they are much tougher than the subject-matters under discussion . As for the Lady Nightshade discussions... well go ask at PlanetBG, I'm sure you'll get a very un-biased answer..................

John Citizen: Then go start a discussion about free speech at MH. If you announce it loudly that it is about that, the mods will surely allow very wide boundaries. It is an important issue but IMHO almost anything goes. There seems to be a few touchy subjects, but then so what?! Write about them in another forum. After all - as has been noticed - MH is a private and not a public forum. Thus the admins can set standards for the issues that are debatable. But us mods ain't always right, so serious critizism is happily accepted.
Old 07-15-2001, 12:34 PM   #79
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Qrt:
Good morning again gentlebeings (cough*) (* more pain-killers is being eaten *) Consider me grumpy right now (haven't had coffee yet). That might be safest. Hi I'm a mod at MH.

Grojlach: as was said 'at Mithril Hall we aim to please'. And we do. You should see the hidden backstage discussions going on there... they are much tougher than the subject-matters under discussion . As for the Lady Nightshade discussions... well go ask at PlanetBG, I'm sure you'll get a very un-biased answer..................

Good afternoon again buddy; consider me in a very good mood right now, as fellow dutchie Erik Dekker just won the 8th stage of the Tour de France. Hi, I'm an admin at the Elysium.

Anyway, nice to know you address the things you say to me, but I never said anything about the nature of the discussions over there, more about the technical stuff and the motivation of the high security precautions...
But anyway, I don't think I understand you completely (language thing?), but what do you mean with "hidden backstage discussions"? Not gossip I hope...
Old 07-21-2001, 12:49 PM   #80
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by John Citizen:
For those that didn't read my deleted post. Which would be everyone except Melanie or someone. My best friend was seperated from his wife and she aborted their child. He was distraught and she also later regretted the decision. I asked anyone on the board if they had any idea of how I could help him. I wasn't saying abortion was right or wrong, just asking for some help. If we can't talk about stuff what are we here for? And Lady Nitshade if you wanna kick me when I'm down go ahead. To the person who asked me why bring it up here I say that I can't bring it up there. If a post has the word abortion in it it will get deleted. And to the person who yawned or whatever at my innacurat post. How would you know. You couldnt have read the private message I got sent and you couldnt have read my deleted post.

Anyway nobody answered the question of how do we improve society if we can't condemn things that are legal. everyone tells me about how the forum has rules and isnt public. I know that thats why I dont go there anymore. And Lady Nitshade why would I go to a prolife forum. No-one there would have had an abortion would they? I needed some advice from real people not a lesture on how its wrong. If people talked about it they could make an educated decision rather than regretting an ignorant decision later.

Sorry guys, just found this today, been away for a while

JohnC:
Sheesh...thanks for remembering my name correctly
Well when you posted the message I told you it was a touchy subject, but to be honest I didn't see why it should be deleted. After all, like you said, you were not making any moral judgements about abortion, nor were you asking for any. You were simply trying to get some help for a depressed friend. However, you need to see that 1. this is apperently a very hurtful subject to some on the Mithril Hall and 2. The Mithril Hall is Liz's and Ken's property. Therefore, they have every right to remove topics they don't want, even though it may seem unfair to you. Get over it...and like someone said before, this is a MH problem, not an IW one. If you wanted clarifications, you should have asked Liz or one of the globs (hehe Qrt...nice one...) in a PM, not post here.

I know this topic's old, but I'm just so snotty that I wanted to have my say
And it's also a bump and invitation for all the IW members who haven't checked out the Mithril Hall yet....it's a great place, come check it out!

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, the LH,
the HADB and the SPAE(Society for the
Prevention of Acronym Extinction) &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art