Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2001, 10:23 AM   #11
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ziroc,

I like pretty much all the add-ons you mentioned. As for the sigs/avatars, I'd have same question as Memny- does one preclude the other and will they mess up the board too much?

I dabble on the Ancient Sites board..haven't been there in ages, but they use avatars exclusively (or did long ago)and you have a limited selection to choose from (unless you are web/computer savvy and create or import your own which is a bit tricky) and that means a lot of overlap which is tacky, in my book! I like the diversity the sigs give, but am cool with anything you choose. You do such great work with the board as it is!

------------------

Storm-Queen
Old 03-01-2001, 10:24 AM   #12
Gray Mage
Banned User

I guess i need mor practice

[This message has been edited by Gray Mage (edited 03-01-2001).]
Old 03-01-2001, 10:29 AM   #13
Gray Mage
Banned User

DUHHHH!!!!!!!
>
>
I see said the blind man

Old 03-01-2001, 10:30 AM   #14
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Gray Mage:
I guess i need mor practice

Gray Mage, please don't get offended, but let's try to move the testing sig stuff off this thread ok? Z's the most easygoing mod I've ever known, but to help him out we should keep this thread reasonably clear of non-relevant stuff. That way he doesn't have to scroll through stuff which might not be directly relevant to his original post. I might ask everyone to stay on-topic with this thread. I'll create a thread helping you out with HTML in the General Discussion forum ok? Thanks!

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Holy Flame

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 03-01-2001).]
Old 03-01-2001, 10:33 AM   #15
Stealthy

Hi Ziroc

Great job. I like all your points but I am not sure what you mean by an Avatar? Could you show us an example? Especially change the box size, its driving me mad . How are you meant to use large point sizes?

I know you are considering a photo section similar to mine, which is a great idea but could you host the images used in our sigs as well, as I suspect it would speed things up.

Maybe an area where we could upload files for distribution to members, such as Yorick's songs would be nice.

Finally, where's Chocolate, I miss her?

------------------

Still using Charlie's Shite Invisibility Potion

[This message has been edited by Stealthy (edited 03-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Stealthy (edited 03-01-2001).]
Old 03-01-2001, 11:16 AM   #16
Moiraine
Anubis

Would it be possible for a user, when he is interested in a particular thread, to be sent the posts of this thread by mail if he chooses ? (Toggle)

------------------
Ready to sail !
Old 03-01-2001, 11:24 AM   #17
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Agree with above mentioned add-ons, especially the 'who's on first...er...I mean 'who's online'.....Also I would like to get the 'preview message' option back...especially since people are getting used to html and UBB syntax and will just have to keep editing their posts.

BIGGER TYPING BOX ALSO!!!!

------------------
Old 03-01-2001, 11:39 AM   #18
Hellfire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yep i agree also,though i am but just one voice crying out i am still one voice er..ah..well yes i agree don't know about the avatar stuff but i trust you to make a good choice ( you haven't let us down yet )

------------------
hellfire:the fire of hell that torments sinners(and of course Cloudbringer
Old 03-01-2001, 11:40 AM   #19
Sir_Tainly

Stealthy, go to the He's Back OMG post,

Choc Returns...

Run for the hills

Old 03-01-2001, 11:45 AM   #20
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Stealth: Avatar is a picture like the sig you gave to ladyZ. On the other board I was on it was a static shot- just a little cutout paperdoll thing like your pic on the BG2 game! It would appear under your nickname so you'd be recognizable right off.
(Close, Ziroc?)

If you go to the General discussion board in Memnoch's confess to being a spammer thread, I posted two places to look for general html code help.

I'd like to echo the preference for a preview option... I'm an 'editing' nut on these new threads because it's not an option. On the other hand, if it isn't available to us, I have to admit the whole thing moves faster than it did on the old board so editing is smoother. It's just annoying and space consuming to have the edited notations all piling up!

Cloudy